✨Side Story 5: A Sweet Encounter✨

"Ooooooooh, what about this?" Grim says as he points to the picture in the book.

"Hmm.... looks a tad bit complicated," Angel says as she looks at the recipe. "I don't think we have all the ingredients anyway." She turns the page. "Oh, what about this then?"

Grim thinks about it for a second. "Hmm...that looks good, but what about this?" He points to another picture of muffins.

"I think those take time," Angel sighs as she looks through the cookbook for another recipe. As much as Angel likes sweets, there isn't much time to bake them, with her trying to catch up on schoolwork and hanging out with the guys. She wants to make some sweets for her and Grim, not because she didn't want to share, but to get the pressure off Trey, who constantly make sweets for everybody. She looks through the cookbook until she finds a simple recipe that's perfect to share between her, Grim, and the ghosts, if they could eat it. If not, then it's manageable for the two of them.

"What about this, Grim?" She points to a key lime pie mousse recipe, simple enough to make smaller portions, just enough for her and Grim. Grim thinks about it for a second, and nods.

"Yeah! And it'll only take an hour!" Grim happily says as he looks over the recipe. "It seems like we'll need some other stuff as well."

"Shouldn't be too hard to get. Sam has everything after all," Angel says as she bookmarks the page in the book, getting up to try to check it out from the library. Grim only stands up from the table.

"Maybe we'll get some extra tuna while we head there?" Grim says, making a cute face to her, in which Angel only pets him.

"Sure, I'll think about it," she says, making Grim silently cheer. As she turns around, she bumps into someone, in which she steps back and tries to apologize. "I'm so sorry about that!"

"Hm? Angel?" Trey asks and Angel looks up to see Trey.

"Ah, Trey, sorry about that," Angel says, still apologizing from running into him.

"It's fine," he says with a smile, looking at the book in her hand. "Oh? Is that a cookbook?"

"Yep! Me and Angel gonna make some sweets!" Grim happily says as he climbs Angel's shoulders. Trey only looks at the two in amusement.

"Oh, really? Then you guys have a recipe in mind, right?"

"Yeah, we do," Angel answers, opening the book up to the bookmark she made. "We're planning on making this. It's a simple recipe and shouldn't take too long to make."

Trey looks at the recipe, nodding along with the pictures and instructions. "You're right. It's perfect for you as a beginner since it doesn't require any baking, and you can adjust it to make as many as you like."

"I know, right?" Angel says with a smile. "It's perfect. All we need to do is get some ingredients from the store and we should start it off."

Trey thinks about it. "You need to go to the school store?"

Grim thinks about the ingredients. "Yeah, we'll need...limes, oats, flours, cream, brown sugar, powered sugar, and food coloring," he lists off, thinking about the food in the dorm. "Aside from that, we should have everythin'."

"Then how about we go together?" Trey proposes, making Angel look at him.

"Ah, but as an upperclassmen, you're busy. I don't want to impede you on anything you have to do."

Trey only chuckles. "Nah, it's fine. I don't have any duties to do as vice housewarden today, and everything should be fine for me to help you out."

"Then we'll take it!" Grim happily says. "With Trey, we'll have the best sweets ever!" Angel tries to calm Grim down.