🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 20

"Hyeeeeaaaarrrrrgh!" Jack yells as he throws a punch towards Deuce.

"Grrraaaaaah!" Deuce yells as he returned the punch. The fists collide with their targets, both of them wincing from the pain, but still standing, nonetheless.

Jack pants and wipes his mouth. "Man, you just...You just don't give an inch..."

"Phew..." Deuce says panting. "You neither. You sure can fight."

"It's like every one of your punches rattled me to the core..." Grim says, catching his breath.

"Yeeesh..." Ace groans. Maybe we got a little carried away. Uuuugh. At this point, I don't even care about makin' the stupid team."

Angel could only stare at the scene in front of her, arms crossed glaring at the boys in front of her. Instead of talking it out like the civilized mages they are supposed to be, the boys here are panting, bruises over their body from the fight that went down. She feels a headache coming, one of anger and she only just glares at their behavior. I can't believe them.... "Do we hug it out now?" She asks, trying not to let her anger show, but a little did slip out.

Jack only look at her and look at the boys and straightened up. "All right. The path ahead is clear. I'll tell you what I know."

"'The path'? The path to what?" Ace says as he starts to stand straight.

"The path my heart's telling me to walk. Remember, I'm betraying my own dorm here," Jack says as he crosses his arms. "But I can't be quiet any longer!" Jack yells. "I don't care how strong the foe- I wanna face them with my own two fists! I've been training hard for this tournament. I was excited to see how far I could go, but these cowardly scheme are making me sick! I triumph won through treachery means nothing! I wanted to claim victory on the back of my own strength and skill, and fight to defend it!"

Ace could only listen to Jack's monologue, confused about what he's saying. "I think I preferred talking to his fists," Ace comments and Angel only elbows him, making him wince in pain. "What was that for?" He looked at her and she glared at him, making him only look away from the glare.

"What about the innocent people being hurt?" She asks.

"I get it!" Deuce says excitedly, nodding along with Jack's words. "I know exactly what he means!"

"That's not a good sign," Grim says, crossing his paws.

"Ruggie's signature spell-" Jack starts. "It makes its target copy Ruggie's movements. Since he's making the same movements as the person he's controlling, he's able to make it look like an accident on their part."

"Huh. So that's how he was able to get Grim to trade without getting caught. He just put our his hand, and Grim put out his," Ace explains.

"That lousy, rotten...! Aaargh! Now I'm angry again! Food grudges never die!" Grim says angrily.

"Wait, hold on a minute," Deuce speaks up. "If he was mirroring the movements of someone about to fall down the stairs, surely someone would have noticed that?"

"Ruggie didn't cause these accidents by himself. Most of Savanaclaw was probably in on it too," Jack says.

"Myah?!"

"Like you said, someone would have noticed if he was near the targets and also mimicking their actions. I believe he escaped notice by surrounding himself with a wall of his dormmates."

"The whole dorm was in on it?" Deuce mumbles. "But why?"

"Well, duh. How well they do at the Spelldrive tournament could make or break their careers. If that's their motive, well, it isn't hard to understand where they're comin' from." Jack only growls at Ace, making Ace surprised. "Dude! Don't bare your fangs at me! I'm just connectin' the dots!"