🌹The Red Rose Tyrant🌹 Chapter 17

"Whoa, hold up! Is that one of your rules too?!" Ace shouts at Riddle.

"Yeah! If you want the tart gone, let me eat it!" Grim says. Angel could only glance at Grim in slight disappointment, shocked at his gluttony at this time.

Trey walked up to Riddle. "Housewarden, allow me to apologize. I was the one who suggested making a chestnut tart."

"I was a part of that too, We had no idea there was a rule about it!" Cater adds, which makes Riddle turn towards the two.

"The making of the tart is not the issue. The issue is bringing it HERE. Today. THAT is the transgression!" Riddle states to everyone, even the other guests.

Angel could only look at Riddle in shock at his description. "How...." She mumbles, getting the attention of everyone, even Riddle. "How can you be so mean after we worked so hard...? How can you live by such foolish rules...?"

"Yeah!" Ace agrees. "All you do is cite one stupid rule after another! You sound totally foolish!"

"Ace!" Angel says, trying to stop him before things get worse.

"What did you call me? 'Foolish'?!" Riddle says, anger rising and his face turning a little red.

"Everyone, stop!" Cater steps in. "Don't dig this hole any deeper! And Riddle, please try to remember that these are new students who've only been here a few days!" Riddle only looks at Cater then look at the four freshmen.

"Nah, bro. I've got a shovel and I am DIGGING. Throwing away a tart to obey some insane rule is about as foolish as it gets." Ace says to Riddle, which only makes him fume.

"I agree with Ace," Deuce says as he stands next to Ace. "Of course, I understand that rules do need to be followed, but...this is going much too far."

"Deuce!" Angel says, with Deuce only glancing at her with a determined look.

"Are you attempting to debate me? Bold move." Riddle says as he walks towards Ace and Deuce, stopping right in their faces. "But I'll bite. By breaking even the smallest rule, you are throwing wide the gate to anarchy."

Ace just grits his teeth and tells the other students. "Everyone, I know you're afraid of getting your magic sealed away, but you know this is insane, right?"

"N-no, we, uh..." One student says.

"Well? Isn't it?" Riddle asks, making everyone look down in shame.

"Far from it, Housewarden Riddle, sir!" The same student says, making everyone eyes wide.

"We trust in your judgement, sir!" Another says.

"You little..." Grim says as he stares at the students.

"T-they wouldn't..." Angel only sees the students' heads as they look at her, disappointed in themselves for not standing up.

"You spineless, fair-weather cowards..." Riddle says to Ace, Deuce, and Grim. "In the year since I became housewarden, not a single student from Heartslabyul House has dropped out or been held back a year. We are the only house that can boast such a feat. Furthermore, of everyone in this dorm, I have the best academic standing. Hence, I am the most correct! If you would simply obey me without question, we wouldn't need to contend so." Riddle says as he put his hand on his chest in pride.

"Listen, we-" Deuce says, only to be interrupted by Riddle.

"It's not off with their heads because *I* want to do that. I do it because rules must never be broken," Riddle states to the three. Angel notices that the black ink that was was clinging on him started to spread little by little across his body.