🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 14

A/N: OMSOMSOMSOMS! We have reached 3k views! 🥳 Might think of doing a Q&A when we reach 5k views so keep it coming and DM the questions just in case! 4/20/23

After arriving at the dorm, the duo took a shower, washing off any grime and dirt off them, ate dinner, and Angel changed into her nightgown, remembering to put the cream on her arm and wrap it. The two fell asleep, with Angel only staring at the ceiling after a fitful attempt to sleep. She sighs and turns around, looking at Grim happily sleeping, snoring about some dream he's having.

"Mmm. Didja see that...Totally wrecked'em with my power shot..." Grim says between snores as Angel just watches him, giving up on trying to sleep and sitting up from the bed.

"Grim's sleep talking has me wide awake," she mumbles to her herself as she looks outside. She thought it would be best to head outside to cool herself off, thinking that it might be a good idea to take a little walk in an attempt to help her sleep. She carefully got out of the bed, not trying to wake Grim up and put some shoes and her shawl on, carefully going down the stairs and walking out the front door, She walks towards the gate, the wind whipping her braids as he walks and think about the events today. I didn't expect it to be this windy She thinks as she looks at the sky, seeing the moon hanging above her. She only sighs and leans on the gate, staring at the sky. "I wonder when I'll be able to go home," she says to no one in particular. She thinks about the events that happened so far, not just for today but in general. She's already been here less than a month and so much happened that she couldn't keep up, though, she is quite curious about the time she spent in the nurse office. Three days being unconscious is a good reason not to remember anything, but shouldn't she at least have dreamed of...something? She held her hand to her head, mostly to try to remember, but when she tries, a sharp pain comes to, making her have to give up the thought of trying to remember anything about her life.

"Hm? Who's that over there?" A deep voice says, bringing Angel out of her thoughts and she looks to the source of the voice, seeing a person looking at her. The person was wearing a school uniform with a neon green vest and black gloves on his hands, but that wasn't what caught her attention. The person was absolutely breathtaking. He had pale skin, blackish lips, and black hair, short at the top, but with two strands stopping past his shoulders, and his sharp lime green eyes stared her down. That wasn't the only thing that stood out, either. The blacks horns on his head stood proudly, almost making him seem otherworldly with his pointy ears. She knew that everyone else was handsome, she will admit, but this guy was different...almost as if he didn't belong in the world.

She blinks at the person, trying to process who this person was. When she couldn't think of anything, panic only came, making her look at the person with wide eyes. "A trespasser?!" Angel says as she stares at the intruder.

"Well, this is a surprise. A child of man, are you?" The person asked, and Angel could only look at him in confusion, trying to understand what he just said. Her eyes land on his horns. He's got horns on his head...

The person only looks at her, observing her as she looks at his horns. He could sense that she doesn't know him, with her eyes look at him in shock and confusion, completely different from the treatment he's used to. He couldn't really sense anything in her purple eyes, mainly seeing nothing but innocence and confusion as she puts her gaze on him, instantly becoming embarrassed at the fact that she stared at him for too long. "Do you live here? I was under the impression that this dorm had been abandoned for some time," he speaks, causing her to look at him. "I quite enjoyed having a place where I could go to enjoy the peace of solitude."

Angel got out of her stupor, trying to find the words to answer his question and try to talk to him normally. "I-I'm the dorm prefect, Angel..." she introduces herself quietly, loud enough for the person to hear, but not to ruin the silence. "Um...who are you...?" She asks cautiously.

The person thinks for a moment. "Angel..." he says, thinking. "An unusual name, to be sure." So many people have been saying that lately... "I am..." the person says, a smile appearing on his face as he stops himself. "No, never mind. I'd rather you remain unaware." He looks at Angel, who's just giving him a confused look at what he just said. He only chuckles at her innocent expression and she noticed that he has fangs. "It's for your own benefit, I assure you. Instead, I will permit you to call me by a name of your choosing. Although you may one day regret it..." he says as a warning in which Angel thinks for a moment.

"Of...my choosing?" She asks and he only nods at her. He seems a little bit strange... She thinks as the wind continues to blow, making one of her braids almost hit him, but he caught it, and puts it near his nose, smelling it, while also making her blush and scramble to get it back.

The person only looks at her, sighing at her. "But alas...If you had taken up residence here, then this abandoned dorm is no longer 'abandoned.' Pity. I shall have to find some other ruins for my next nocturnal constitutional. Farewell," he says about to leave.

"W-w-wait!" Angel says to the person, who only looks at her. "Um...you can continue to come here. I d-don't mind if you come, and we won't bother you..." she says quietly.

The person only looks at her with his eyes wide in surprise then a smile gracing his features. "Thank you, then I shall come back soon," he says as he suddenly disappears as he appears, making Angel only stare at the spot where the person was.

"He's gone...?" Angel says as he looks at the empty spot, thinking about what he said. A name of my choosing... She thinks as she looks at the sky, looking at the clouds covering the moon. ...Must be around midnight... She thinks as she heads back inside, feeling relaxed to sleep.

In Savanaclaw Dorm, Leona sits in his room, looking out the window, thinking while Ruggie walks in with food.

"You must be tired, Leona. I've brought you dinner, and on the way, I got a little 'work' done," Ruggie says, handing Leona his food.

"Always there when I need ya, Ruggie," Leona says with a slight smile as he takes the food.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to be of service to you, Housewarden," Ruggie says with a smirk.

"You always say that, don't you? Even though you're really doing this for yourself," Leona states, staring at Ruggie.

"Perish the thought, Leona! It's a pleasure to be of service to OUR cause," Ruggie emphasizes. "All of us what to turn the world upside down. That's precisely why the hyenas joined hands with the King of Beasts in the first place- to improve their lot in life forevermore. I'm pretty much doing the same thing," Ruggie says, putting his hands behind his head.

"Then make sure you're careful on your 'hunts.' Don't leave any evidence behind," Leona warns.

Ruggie only snickers. "Shyeheehee! You should know how hyenas work. We pick our prey clean to the bone. Incidentally, Leona-any thoughts as to who my next target should be?"

Leona thinks for a moment, remembering a certain purple eyed rabbit. He smirks then looks at Ruggie, ears moving. "Oh, I've got an idea. How about a little wolf who likes to eavesdrop?" He says looking at the doorway.

"Huh?" Ruggie says as he turns around to face the doorway.

"I know you're there, frosh. No use hiding," Leona says with a glare, and the person walks out, proving to be Jack.