🐙The Merchant from the Depths🐙 Chapter 13

A/N: forgot to put this but I started book 5 earlier this week. I hate vil so far (story wise) but I'm like I think halfway done with the book. Just need to get lvl up materials to progress further in the story. Another thing I forgot to put in: book 3 chapters are almost done! I've gotten at least 20 chapters ahead and only got a little more to go! Do know that books 4-7(if available and if I get there) will be a SEPARATE work after I finish the side stories for book 3! I'll remind u guys when I post the side stories. 6/3/23

"Not a chance," Leona promptly says, crossing his arms at the request. When the three arrived at Savanaclaw, they went to lounge and Jack told Leona and Ruggie the situation, in which they only stared at Angel in shock, with Ruggie being more shocked than Leona.

"You didn't even pause before answering..." Jack says, scratching his head at Leona's answer.

"No pets allowed in the dorm. They shed all over the place," Leona states.

The comment does not go pass Grim, as he only glare at Leona. "First of all, I AIN'T NO PET. Second of all, I DO NOT!" He shouts. "Aren't you guys, like, a billion times furrier than me?!"

"This is about you, not us," Ruggie smirks at Grim.

"For one thing..." Leona starts. "Our empty dorm rooms haven't been cleaned in months. Dorm students use 'em as a dumping ground for their junk. Where are we supposed to put two extra freeloaders?" Leona sighs. Angel only sighs at the explanation. Even if we cleaned it, it won't be enough...

Ruggie thinks for a second and a sly smile comes on his face. "Ooh, I know!" He exclaims. "Why don't you just bunk with 'em in your room, Leona?" Ruggie suggests.

"What?!" Everyone exclaims and look at Ruggie in shock.

"Ruggie, if you keep flapping your lips, you're about to find 'em sewn shut," Leona threatens while Ruggie only shrugs it off.

"Think of it this way, Leona," Ruggie smiles. "You're used to havin' people do everything for ya, right? What if we put 'em in charge of serving you instead of charging for room and board? Seems like a win-win to me," Ruggie states with a shrug.

"Grr...Ruggie, you little..." Leona growls.

"Hey, I still ain't fully healed up from the interdorm Spelldrive tournament, y'know?" Ruggie says, while Leona only holds a hand to his head, sighing at Ruggie. "I dunno if it was that major magic I chugged a whole potion to use or what, but hard work's been wearin' me down more than ever lately, and if I might remind you Leona, I busted my tail for you," he says with a hurt tone. "So, I'm thinkin' I'd heal a whole lot faster if I had these guys waiting on you for a while!" Ruggie proudly says, content with his idea.

Everyone could only look at Ruggie and let out a sigh, mainly at the fact that he is working his way around Leona. Leona only clicks his tongue at him. "Tch. You're a regular mercenary sometimes."

"Hey now, I haven't said a single dishonest word! Shyeheehee!" He snickers.

"Maybe, but I don't let just anyone cozy up to me like that," Leona says. Leona turns towards the dorm building. "Hey, boys! C'mere a sec!" Soon enough, three students come out and appear before Leona, shocking both Angel and Grim at how easily they came out, as if waiting for Leona to call them.

"Yes, sir! You called, Housewarden?" One of the student asks.

One of the students only look at Angel and Grim, realization on their face. "Oh, hey, it's the schmucks who spied on Savanaclaw before the Spelldrive tournament."

"Ain't every day an escaped quarry comes back to us! Heh heh heh!" Another student laughs as they look at the duo. Angel could only cower in fear, remembering how they almost ripped her arm off from their harsh actions.