🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 19

The three follow Ruggie into the courtyard, physically spent with the amount of running they had to do. Ruggie could only look at them and snicker, mocking them of their stamina. "Shyeheehee! Three-on-one, and this is the best you can do? Pretty pathetic, guys." Angel only joined up with the four, exhausted as well.

Ace takes a deep breath, trying to regain his breathing. "What is WITH This dude?! He's crazy fast!" He says with disbelief.

"....It's not that he runs fast...It's like no terrain even slows him down!" Deuces says between breaths, putting his hands on his knees.

"Myaaaah...I don't think I can catch him," Grim says as he plops on the ground.

"Shyeheehee! Compared to the backstreets of the slums, this is a cakewalk," Ruggie says as he holds his hands behind his head. "Did you ever think this through? Let's say you do catch me-can you even be sure that I did it?"

"What? Of course you did it!" Deuce says.

"And what about evidence? Do you have a witness who saw me casting spells?" Ruggie asks, a smirk on his face. "For that matter, did anyone snap a picture? You don't have anything like that, do you?"

Ace is taken aback by the questions. "Yeah, but...still!"

Angel could only look at Ruggie's reasoning. "Maybe so, but it's cowardly..." She says, making Ruggie look at her.

"A coward? I take that as a compliment, honestly," He says as he smirks at her. "But Leona on the other hand..." he mumbles. "Shyeheehee! Next time you wanna come after me, do me a favor and gather some proof first," he says, looking at the four with a smirk. "Though that sounds like a tall order given your track record."

"Grrrrr....this guy..." Grim says as he tries to stand up but still just falls to the ground.

"Well, I'm done playing tag for today," Ruggie says, putting Riddle and Cater's pen on the bench. "I'll leave those pens of yours I stole right here for you, okay? Toodles!" He says as he runs off.

Everyone could only watch Ruggie leave, as Angel gathers the pens. "Argh! He really gets on my nerves!" Ace says after Ruggie disappears.

"Housewarden Riddle is not going to be pleased," Deuce comments.

Angel thinks for a moment. "Do you think he's going to keep doing it?" She asks and the guys could on think about her question. She only huffs in anger at the thought. More people are going to get hurt and its enough he didn't stop!

So you guys are still on the hunt, huh?" A voice speaks up and everyone see that Jack is looking at them, arms crossed.

"Yup. Hey, here's an idea: Next time, maybe give us a hand? There is seriously something wrong with that guy," Ace says as he looks at Jack.

"Why're you going through all this trouble for the sake of total strangers?" Jack asks them curiously.

"I'm not sure I follow," Deuce says, confused with the question.

"I mean, I'd understand if you were out for vengeance for an injured friend, or something."

"Buddy, you're missing the point," Ace interrupts.

"What?" Jack says, looking at Ace.

"We're not doin' this for anyone else's sake!" Ace says with a smirk.

"This is just a chance for us to score some kudos by catching the culprit," Deuce adds. Angel could only look at the two with a deadpanned look.

"Yeah. I'd do anything to get on my dorm's team so I can show my talent to the world!" Ace states.

"Yeah, me too! I wanna catch the guy so I can get this glorious mug of mine on TV!" Grim says.

"I feel bad about what happened to Trey, but if there's an opening on the roster...I'll take it," Ace says. Angel could only look at the three with a strained look on her face, anger rising as she hears the boys' reasoning but trying not to flip out at the boys just yet.

Jack only stares at the three, looking at them with slight shock. "Wow. I was doubting whether I could trust people who would suffer like this for strangers...but it turns out you guys're total scum.

"If we're scum, then you're less than scum, because you knew all along, didn't you?" Ace states to Jack, making him glare at him. "You knew exactly who the culprit was."

"Oh! I get it! That's why you were sure he wasn't gonna come for you-you knew the culprit was from your own dorm!" Grim accuses.

".... Fight me. The whole lot of you," Jack says.

"Huh?" Ace says shocked. "Why should we?"

"If I'm gonna trust you, I gotta size you up first. Prove to me that you ain't all talk, and I'll tell you everything I know."

"Ugh, do I have to? I hate getting all sweaty," Ace says with a sigh.

"Now you're talkin' my language. Let's cut the smack-talk and THROW DOWN!" Deuce says as he cracks his knuckles.

"Myah?!" Grim exclaims. "I'll never get used to him flippin' out like that!"

Angel could only look at the three boys and Grim, shaking her head at the situation that escalated into a fist fight between the four. "Must violence be the answer for everything?!" she says tiredly as Deuce and Ace only look at her and sigh but prepare for the fight with Jack.