🐙The Merchant from the Depths🐙 Chapter 33

A/N: Quick AN guys: online class is just kicking my butt atm so the side stories really won't be written or posted until last this month, which means that book 4 will be started posting until mid august (didn't know how much stuff I have due next week so sorry about this guys!). The event story Wish Upon a Star is currently being written and seeing how short it is I might be able to finish writing it just before it disappears, hopefully giving me time to get stuff in class over with. Join the discord for more information! I'll add some more info to the A/N later if needed! Thanks for reading now I'm going to die in homework 🥲 7/8/23

Back at the surface, the atmosphere around Octavinelle Dorm became heavy, as Azul looked at students' fearful faces as they run to escape, however they fail once Azul spots them, and use his magic to trap them, one by one. "You there," he points to a Scarabia student who looks at him in fear. "Give me your lighting magic!" He yells, aiming his magic to the student, eventually hitting the student and the student only collapse and groan as Azul laughs maniacally, happy at the fact that he just obtained the magic. He sees another student, a smile on his face. "And you, give me your athletic ability!" He use his magic on the student, leaving the student to stumble and fall as Azul only laughs. "Give it all to me! All of it!" He shouts, laughing all the while.

"AAAAH!" A student yells as Azul's magic hits him, leaving him on the ground while Azul only looks around for more students.

Ruggie and Leona only look at Azul in shock. "What's Azul sucking outta these people?!" Ruggie exclaims as he looks around, seeing students collapsing after being hit by Azul. "They're collapsing after he's done with 'em!"

"Looks like his signature spell sucks EVERY power out of someone if it's not channeled through a contract," Leona says as he looks at the collapsed students. "I'm betting the contract is like a filter that limits his magic's effects."

"What?! Kinda terrifying, don'tcha think?" Ruggie asks in shock.

Leona looks at Azul. "Yeah. The backlash from using taboo magic like that is gonna exceed his blot tolerance in no time."

Jade, Floyd, and the others approach the scene, looking at the scene in front of them. "Azul!" Jade yells, trying to get his attention. "What are you doing?!"

"Whoa, yikes. What's goin' on here?" Floyd asks as he looks at the students collapsed on the ground.

The freshmen could only look around in horror, seeing that the students that were trying to run from Azul were hit by magic, eventually collapsing on the ground while Azul only looks at the group. "Dude, this does NOT look good!" Ace exclaims.

"Is Azul going out of control?!" Deuce asks.

"Looks like he's sucking different students' power outta them by force," Jack says as a student screams after being hit by magic. Angel could only peek over Jack's shoulder, eyes wide in horror at the fact that Azul looked like he was consumed by the ink. It won't be long...

"Eeeep..." Grim shivers, only to spot the two upperclassmen. "Leona! You were bullyin' him, weren't you?!" He angrily asks.

"Now you're blaming me?" Leona sighs. "You're the ones who told me to turn the contracts into sand."

"Jade! Floyd!" Azul says with a smile, making the twins look at him. "Ahhhh, you've finally come back to me," Azul says as he walks towards them. "Would you believe that thanks to these FOOLS, I've lost all my contracts?" He says with a sigh, but even the twins knew that Azul wasn't himself, both of them taking a step back. "Which is why, I'm going to need your powers now. Come on, give them to me!" Azul demanded.

"Hold on," Jade states, glaring at Azul. "Your signature spell is so powerful, it's impossible to control without a contract scroll. You know better than anyone what will happen if you do this!"