🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 9

The four arrived at Trey's room, seeing that Cater is huddled around Trey on his bed.

"Yo, man, how's it going?" Ace says as the four walk up to him.

"How are you feeling, Trey?" Deuce asks.

"We came all this way just to see your sorry face," Grim says, making Trey adjust himself to welcome them. "It's cool- don't get up."

"Well, if it isn't Hunting Season! And Grim and teacup too! You're rolling deep today," Cater says as he sees the freshmen. Angel could only look at Trey's ankle in worry.

"Hey, Cater...I'm lost. Whaddaya mean by 'Hunting Season'?" Ace says, scratching his head.

"I mean it's you guys! You're Ace, he's Deuce- that's what you call an Ace Deuce in poker!"

"Don't give us a couple nickname!" Deuce says, shivering at the thought of a couple nickname with Ace. He would rather have one with Angel instead.

"Riiiight...Anyway, how'd you feel, Trey? And How'd you get hurt?" Ace asks.

"Slipped on the stairs," Trey answers. "I couldn't catch myself and my ankle got all messed up. I'll be on crutches for a while."

"Yikes. That sounds pretty bad!" Deuce exclaims.

"Yep. Looks like I'll be warming the bench at the Spelldrive tournament this year."

"Myah..." Grim says as he looks at Trey in concern. "I was hopin' your injury would be small enough for me to justify keepin' this, but...Here," Grim says as he hands Trey a can from Angel's basket. "I brought ya a get-well can of tuna. Feel better specs."

"Ah yeah, I brought you some cookies as well," Angel says as she hands him the bag of cookies. "It may not be as good as yours, but I hope you feel better." The boys only stare at the bag of cookies Trey receives, making them all suddenly want cookies from the girl.

Trey only takes the gifts, smiling at the two. "Heh. Thanks, and don't worry Angel, I'm feeling better already since you guys decided to visit me."

"Ugh, hastage #fail! Now that we've lost a power player, we have to redo our team roster!" Cater says with a sigh.

"Wait, what?!" Ace and Deuce shouts.

Riddle enters the rooms, looking at the people in the room. "Why are there so many people in here. Trey is supposed to be resting!" He states.

"Myah! It's Ragin' Riddle!" Grim says making Angel flick him.

"I am not 'raging.' I will be perfectly pleasant if you obey the rules!" Riddle says as he walks towards Trey. "How are you doing, Trey? Can I bring you anything to eat or drink?"

"I told you Riddle: you don't need to fuss over me like this," Trey reassures him, putting his gifts on his bedside table.

"But it's my fault that you got hurt," Riddle says softly, making everyone curious about the statement.

"What? He didn't tell us that part!" Ace says.

"I needed to talk to him, so I went to the junior classroom at lunch, and then..."

"I'm going to be late today, so go ahead and start practice without me," Riddle says as he walks down the stairs.

"Sure, will do," Trey obliges.

"All right, I'll see you-" Riddle suddenly trips, falling down the stairs. "Wh-whooooa!"

"Riddle look out!" Trey says as he gets in front of Riddle trying to catch Riddle, with both of them falling down the stairs.

"Trey never would have slipped if he hadn't caught me when I was about to tumble over," Riddle says as he finishes the story.

"Yeah, but if I hadn't you would have just broken your fall with a flight spell," Trey says with a smile. "It was stupid of me to intervene. So you don't owe me anything."

"Still, I..." Riddle says, unsure about the situation.

Ace heads towards Angel, whispering in her ear. "Hey, Angel, d'you think...?"

Angel only nods at him. "Yeah, I don't think this was an accident. Someone's definitely causing this." She whispers back.

"Riddle, come on! It's not gonna do anyone any good to have you harshing the vibe here!" Cater speaks up, trying to make Riddle not think about the situation. "It's lame that Trey got hurt, but you'll rock the field that much harder to make up for him, right?"

"Well, I suppose that's true," Riddle admits.

"All right, peeps, we should let Trey get his rest! Out, out, out!" Cater says, pushing Ace and Deuce out of the room. Angel and Riddle only walks out, with Grim in tow. Angel gives Trey a small wave, in which he waves back with a smile as they leave his room. They walk into the Heartslabyul's lounge, where they sigh.

"All right, Cater. Was there something you didn't want to tell me in front of Trey?" Riddle says, catching on to Cater's shift in attitude.

"You're always a step ahead of me, Riddle," Cater says. "I get the feeling teacup & co. know something about it. Want to fill us in?" Cater says, looking at Angel and Grim. Angel only sighs at Cater's perception.

"Right, so..." Angel starts to tell everyone what happened.