🌹The Red Rose Tyrant🌹 Chapter 13

"T-This guy's outta his mind!" One of the delinquents exclaims as he struggles to stand up.

"Bwah! L-let's get outta here!" The other delinquent says as he helps his friend up. The two of them could only stand there, looking at Deuce crack his knuckles.

"Next time you eat an egg, you better apologize a hundred times, you buncha chumps! And you better apologize to Angel!" Deuce yells at them as they turn their heads to Angel.

"W-we're sorry for everything!" They apologized to Angel as they looked at her. After their apology, they looked at Deuce, giving them a glare.

"Now, get outta my sight before I beat ya punks again!" Deuce shouts at them before they ran away, or in this case, limp away from the trio.

Angel could only stare at shock at Deuce and stands in front of him, trying to calm him down. "D-deep breaths Deuce!" She says as his eyes went from the delinquents to the ground.

"Whooooooooa..." Grim says as he stares at Deuce, whimpering a little.

Deuce was panting, trying to calm himself down, then realized his mistake. "Urk!" He looked up, seeing Angel looking at him with her purple eyes.

"What's wrong?" Grim says as he joins Angel, climbing on her shoulder and looking at Deuce.

Deuce turned around, trying to get their eyes off him, mad at himself. "I did it again, didn't I...?" He mumbles only to turn around towards the two and exclaim. "ARGH! I was dead set on becoming an honor student this time, too!"

Both Angel and Grim looked at each other then looked at Deuce. "Huh? What do you mean?" Angel asks.

Deuce was silence for a while then looked at the ground. "When I was in middle school, I was pretty wild," he started, loud enough for the two to hear but quiet enough so no one else could hear. "I cut school all the time and got in fights. I called my teachers names, hung out with bullies, bleached my hair...I blasted around tight curves on my Magic Wheel...I'd show off my magic to kids who couldn't use it yet, even bullying people like you, Angel...I was a total punk."

"So, you were only a little more annoying than you are now?" Grim asks Deuce.

"That's hard for me to picture..." Angel whispers as Deuce just sighs.

"But one night, I saw my mom talking on the phone to my grandma. She was trying to hide from me, but I saw her, and I could tell she was in tears," Deuce says as he clenches his fists at the memory. "She was saying how she must have been a horrible mom, and that maybe she never should have tried to raise me by herself. That had nothin' to do with it! She hadn't done anything wrong. It was all me." He relaxes his hands. "When the carriage came to take me to Night Raven College, she was so happy for me. I decided then and there that this time, I wouldn't do anything to make her cry." He looked up to Angel. "This time, I'd become an honor student- someone she could be proud of. And I already messed it all up!" He says as tears fall from his eyes.

Angel could only look at Deuce, and soon she walked closer to him, hugging him. He was surprised for a second, not knowing what to do with the sudden contact. She only relaxed in his arms. "Deuce, it's ok," she said to him, giving him comfort. He only processed the words, before his wrapped his arms around her, relishing in the hug that she's giving him. "In my eyes, so far, you've done everything to prove that you aren't the person you were before. You might not be an honor student right now, but I believe in you. You're not the person in your past: you've changed. And if your mom was here, she would be proud of you," she says as she looks up at Deuce giving him a smile. Deuce only looks at Angel with his eyes widen, smiling at the fact that he thought she would reject him for knowing his past, but only to embrace him for it.