🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 23

A/N: haven't actually got a chance to look through the next few chapters for editing because I was busy so I hope you guys don't mind for chapters to be slightly edited as days go by!

"Myaaah! Get a load of all the food stands!" Grim happily exclaims as him, Angel, Ace, and Deuce walk down the main streets, lined up with stalls of vendors selling food, sports-wear, trinkets, and other items. Angel looks at the different food as well, excitement in her eyes as she admires the smell.

"They smell soooo good!" Angel says to Grim, in which he nods in agreement.

"They got churros and funnel cakes, and...Oooh, is that jerky?" Grim says as he looks around the stalls hungrily. Angel could only look at the food, thinking about how tasty the food would be, drooling a little herself from the description that Grim gave.

Ace and Deuce only sigh behind the two, keeping an eyes on the girl and depressed about the news. "Man, I can't believe I didn't make the team after all that." Ace says.

"Me neither..."

Angel could only turn around and give them a smile. "There's always next year, you two," she says, only making the boys sigh more. "You might not have gotten in this year, but let's cheer on the ones who did!"

The boys only sigh at the statement, but their spirits returning as they remember the plan. "Well, we have an important job to do anyway. We should focus on that," Deuce says, determined.

"Yeah, good point. Focused. That's us," Ace says with a smile. Angel only rolled her eyes at Ace's statement, laughing a bit at the fact that he of all people said he's focused.

"Oooh, what's a corn dog?! I wanna try one! Come to papa, whatever you are!" Grim says as he looks at the corndog stall, inching closer to the stall to get one.

Ace walks and get's Grim by the neck, dragging him away from the stand. "Eat later! We need to go!" He says angrily with Grim whining. Deuce and Angel only follow Ace and Grim, trying to get the plan ready. Angel stops for a while, a cold feeling coming towards her as she looks towards the stadium. I feel like something bad is going to happen...

At the Savanaclaw Dorm, there is a group of students gathered, with Ruggie and Leona looking at the crowd. The students wait patiently for their housewarden's orders, as Leona's ears twitch, taking in the sounds of the school. "The players should be reachin' the stadium soon," Leona says, looking towards the school.

"Everything's set. We're ready to go whenever," Ruggie says confidently.

"Last year's champion will be up first-that's Diasomnia," Leona says as a smirk is formed on his face. "Hah! My heart's pumping now."

"Sha ha ha!" Ruggie snickers, a smirk on his face as well. "Then let's get going!"

In the stadium, the PA system starts to come on. The announcer starts to clear his throat. "...Welcome, one and all, to the Night Raven College interdorm Spelldrive tournament! Thank you for your patience. The players will be entering the stadium momentarily!"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!" The audience cheers.

"First up will be last year's champion. But can lighting strike thrice? Give it up for the Reigning Light...DIIIIIAAAAASOOOOOOOOOMNIIIIIIIAAAAAA!"

The players for Diasomnia starts to walk in, their movements stuff but natural as they wave to crowd, with Ruggie only looking down at the players, a smirk on his face. "Oooh, what a crowd! It should be plenty large enough....Sha ha ha!" He snickers as he looks at the people around him. He sees that the people are too absorbed with the players that they didn't notice him walking in the stands, pulling out a potion. "First, to drink Azul's potion..." Ruggie says as he opens the vial and drink it, only to gag at the taste after drinking the contents. "Urk?! Blech! What IS this?! It's awful! It's like...stew someone aged in gym sock," Ruggie complains, trying to get the taste out of his mouth. "Urgh...Okay, get it together, Ruggie. Let's go. Time to fire off my signature spell..." Ruggie says as he prepares the spell, a smirk on his face. "Let's send the audience running like a stampede of wildebeasts! Okay, folks..."Laugh With Me!"

A light flashes and next thing, there is the sound of rumbling, making everyone look around in confusion at the abrupt sound. "Huh? What's that sound?" An audience member says.

"What is going on over there?" Another one says, pointing to the other end of the stadium. "There's a whole bunch of people charging at the players!"

On the other side of the stadium, the people start abruptly moving, no control of their bodies as they all run towards the center of the stadium, aiming for the students who just walked in. "Wh-whaaaaa?! My body, I can't control-" The audience member looks at the crowd of students, trying to steer clear of them, but fails. "Ah! Out of the way! Out of the way!"

"EEEEEEEEEK! Don't push me!" An audience member screams, being pushed as the other people run towards the Diasomnia students.

"Run! Before you get crushed!" Another member warns.

"AAAAAAAAAH!" The audience goes in fear, with all of them eventually being pulled against their will to run towards the center of the stadium, all aiming for the students. The audience only panic with the loss of control in their bodies, and as they try to steer clear of the someone, they run into someone else, with chaos ensuring within the stadium.

The announcer could only look in horror at the scene, dust being kicked up at the audience's actions. "What? What's happening?! Spectators are converging in some sort of reckless stampede! Everyone please, calm down! I beg of you!" The announcer pleads.

"WAAAAAAAH!" The audience members continue to scream, their bodies still moving against their will, as they scream in both fear and panic.

Ruggie only looks at the chaos with a strained smile, enjoying the sight before him as people stampede. "Whoa...Azul's potion is insane! Look how many people I can control at once!" Ruggie says with a strained voice and he starts panting. "I don't know how many more...I can handle, but this...should be enough." He says between pants, looking at the students being crushed by the people. "Let's see what you do now! Surely you wouldn't use magic against civilians? You're the Prince of the Fae, Malleus. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't dare! So get squashed instead! Shyeheehee!" Ruggie laughs as he regain his magic, simply enjoying the scene.

"The rush of stampeding spectators is headed right for the Diasomnia players...! Everyone, run away! Please, run awaaaaay!" The announcer warns.

"WAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"If they keep coming, we're gonna get crushed! Everyone, protect Malleus!" The boy with silver hair commands to the others.

"This way, Housewarden! Malleuuuus!" A tall boy says, only to see that the people have already started closing in on the group. "N-no! We're too late!" He says as the people close in on them, crushing the students. "Oof! We're getting crushed!"

"AAAAAAAH! MALLEUS, NOOOO!"

Ruggie only sighs tiredly. "It worked! Exactly as we planned it!"