🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 5

"What's a 'Spelldrive tournament'...?" Grim asks.

"'Spelldrive tournament'? Come again?" Angel says, curiosity making her forget about what Crowley said about her fate.

"Dude, Angel...You've never heard of Spelldrive?!" Ace says, looking at the two in surprise. "Well, Angel I can understand, but Grim you don't know it?"

"It's a world-famous sport! There's even a pro league and a world championship tournament," Deuce explains.

Angel and Grim only look at the two with confused looks. "I ain't never heard of this neither!" Grim says.

"Spelldrive is a sport played by competing teams of seven people. Basically, players battle for control of a disc and earn points by drivin' it into the enemy team's goal. The team with the most points win!" Ace explains.

Angel thinks about the description Ace gave. She thinks there was a similar sport where she's from based on the description, but only one thought popped up in her head at what it could be. "Wouldn't that be...football...?" She asks, making everyone confused at her.

"Football...? Say what?" Deuce asks.

"Hm. I've not heard of such a game, but I'll look it up the next time in the library," Crowley says as he thinks about the game. Angel just looks down in embarrassment at the question she asked. I didn't think they would know it... "Perhaps it will yield some sort of clue."

"Oh, man, I just realized that Angel would have a hard time actually playing," Ace speaks up, thinking about the girl's situation.

"Yeah? Why's that?" Grim asks.

"You need magic to play," Deuce answers. "Not only do you move the disc with magic, but you use it to attack and defend, too."

"The flashier the magic, the better- it's how players show off their skills!" Ace finishes.

"Yes, quite!" Crowley interjects. "That is why Night Raven College is known throughout the world as a leader in the sport! This school has produced countless pro players! That's why our interdorm Spelldrive tournaments attract attention even from pro league recruiters. Also, those simply looking for up-and-coming magicians use the event to scout helpful candidates. Yes, the tournament is quite an affair. The campus will be full of visitors and lined with various kiosks, and the main event will be captured by television cameras and broadcast worldwide."

Angel could only listen to the description in wonder. "There's television cameras?! That's...incredible..." It's a lot of stress for high schoolers...isn't it? I'm amazed they could have that many eyes on them...

Grim thinks for a moment. "It's broadcast throughout the world?! So you're sayin' that is I were to play in this tournament- and win of course- the whole world would see it?!"

"Of course! Players who excel at the tournament invariably attract great attention. Both from the pro league and the public at large!" Crowley happily exclaims.

"In your case, the magic would barely even matter. Just having a monster like you out there is sure to turn heads," Deuce states, looking over Grim.

"It's settled, then! I'm gonna train around the clock, join a team, and become a legend!"

"Alas, Grim, you cannot enter," Crowley says.

"...Wait, what?" Grim asks, shocked by the statement.

"Did you not hear me speak the word 'interdorm' multiple times? Your dorm doesn't even have seven members. Therefore, you cannot enter the tournament."

"Whaaaaaaaat?! No faaaaair!" Grim cries out. Angel only deadpans at Grim, knowing that there wasn't even two of them.