✨Side Story 13: The Bloody Mary Ritual✨

A/N: Idk if ppl still do this ritual but I thought it up for this story. Also, will be taking a day or two off from posting for the rest of my side stories and the rest of the side stories (5 at this point) will be posted all at once (with some chapter moving for a bit)! Thanks for understanding while I'm being obsessed with Zelda for a while and continue writing! Book 3 first two chapters will be released Thursday!

One day in the cafeteria, Angel, Deuce, Ace, and Grim were chatting, more specifically Angel was listening on the conversation the boys had while she was eating, about a movie they saw in the dorm, with Ace and Deuce feeling disappointed with the ending of it. "I can't believe they thought that was scary," Ace said angrily as he takes a bite of his sandwich.

"Yeah. The actors really didn't sell it. It didn't even make me feel scared at the least. It only seemed bland," Deuce agrees with a sigh. "At most, I think I only got a chuckle out of it."

Grim could only look at t he two in confusion. "What movie are ya talkin' about?"

"We got this movie called 'The Creation of a Monster' which Cater said is supposed to be super scary, but it wasn't even scary in the least," Ace explains.

"Didn't know he had terrible taste in movies," Deuce mumbles and Ace only nods. He looks to Angel, who's quietly listening to their conversation. "Hey Angel, didn't you have any scary stories where you come from?"

"...Hm?" Angel hums, letting Deuce know that she wasn't paying attention to the question. "What did you say?"

"Do you have any scary stories where you're from?"

"Yeah, I've been wondering, since you guys don't have magic, what scary stories did you guys have?" Ace asks.

"Um...." Angel thinks for a moment. "Well, we had so many that I can't really remember the minor ones..." She closes her eyes in thought. "Oh!" she exclaims. "I think there was one really popular on Halloween."

"On Halloween? That's not too far from here," Ace says with a smile. "Everyone knows that Halloween is where the real scary stuff happens."

"It's a good time to check how brave you are," Deuce adds. "Nothing can get to me."

"Oh yeah? Then what about that monster you were so scared to go against?" Ace smirks at Deuce.

"Hey, you were scared as well!" Deuce snaps back. "At least I wasn't trying to run away from it like a chicken!"

"Hey! What did ya call me?" Ace says angrily, with Angel only sighing at the boys.

"Again, with the fightin'," Grim says with a sigh, watching the two teens argue.

"Guys, calm down," she says calmly, making the boys calm down a little. They only grumbled at the pleading, eating their food.

"So, how'd it go?" Deuce asks Angel, who thinks for a moment.

"I think it was called 'Bloody Mary'," she says, trying to remember the story. "Apparently, it was based on a queen, I think."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Ace says. "I mean the Queen of Hearts have stories about her, and she was a great ruler."

"Hmmm...I think what the Queen of Hearts did was different from this one. I think the reason why she was named Bloody Mary was because she killed a few hundred people within a reign, or at least something like that. Her spirit thirsts for blood and will patiently wait on anyone who calls her name."

"Yikes, and even I thought the Fairest queen was scary," Grim says as he thinks about the lady.

"Wait, she waits on anyone who calls her name?" Ace asks.