🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 28

"Headmage, wait." Riddle says as he walks in with a few people behind him.

"Mr. Rosehearts? And I see you're with...Ah." Crowley says as he sees the people behind him.

"Correct. They are the victims in this incident," Riddle says as everyone sees Trey, Jamil, and other students who were injured.

"Headmage, speaking on behalf of the victims, I have a request for you," Trey says to Crowley. "We would like you to permit Savanaclaw House to play in the tournament despite their crimes."

Crowley and everyone become surprised at the request. "What...? Are you saying...you wish to forgive their crimes?" He asks the victims.

Ruggie and Jack only look at the victims, surprised by the sudden turn of events. "You guys..." Ruggie mumbles in surprise.

"No. That is the last thing we want," Jamil speaks.

"If Savanaclaw is disqualified from the tournament, we'll lose our chance for revenge," Trey states with a smile.

"Wh-whaaat?!" Ruggie exclaims.

"Revenge?!" Jack says with surprise.

"After all, fighting with magic is forbidden on campus," Riddle states, crossing his arm in thought.

"But during a Spelldrive game, it's all in the name of sport, right?" Trey says with a smirk. "It just happens to be a sport where players face off using the fullest extent of their magic."

"Yeah. If we lose our chance at revenge, it'll gnaw at us all year!" The Heartslabyul student says.

"We throw down the gauntlet! Duel us!" The Pomefiore student yells at the two.

"Plus, I dunno what happened here, but it looks like it left the Savanaclaw kids in even worse shape then we're in," Jamil says with a smile.

"What we're saying is: now that we know who did this, we have an opportunity to hash things out on the field instead of letting grudges fester," Trey explains.

"You've said it yourself, Leona," Cater speaks up. "Fighting doesn't break school rules if it's part of a Spelldrive match!"

"Normally, I would demand their heads, but if Trey and the others insist on settling their grudges on the field...I am willing to overlook their disregard for the rules this once," Riddle says.

Angel only looks at the boys and listen to their reasoning, a laughing coming out of her as she processes what they're saying. Everyone only looks at the girl laughing, tears of laughter coming out of her eyes as she continues laughing, enjoying the scene in front of her. Crowley could only think for a moment. "I understand where you're coming from; however, the question is: Are these Savanaclaw students even capable of taking to the field? Mr. Kingscholar has only just regained consciousness!"

"Heh heh....Ha ha ha!" Leona laughs and smiles, shocking everyone except Angel, who remembers what happened inside the barrier. "Don't you dare underestimate me, Crowley. I wouldn't even need to be awake to handle this sorry pack of wounded herbivores." He says with a smirk, sending a glance at Angel who only smiles at Leona back, happy to see that he's back to his usual prideful self.

"Wow. Now THAT is audacious," Jamil says as he smirks.

"I got no intention of bowin' to anyone. If you want my apology, come and take it."

"Do we have your blessing, Headmage?" Trey asks.

"Dear me. Aren't I the fool for thinking you all wanted to talk about your feelings?" Crowley sighs. "You petition is granted. Savanaclaw will be allowed to participate in the tournament, as originally planned," he announces. "And as headmage, I very much appreciate that this while keep our little scandal under wraps as the whole world is watching," he mumbles and Angel overhears.

"Yep, just sweep it under the carpet," she says with a smile, making Crowley shocked that she heard him.

He only clears his throat. "Well, the spectators have surely grown weary of waiting for the player to appear. Do make haste," Crowley commands and some of the students start moving.

"All right, let's-" Leona stops, wincing in pain as Ruggie punches him. "Urk! That hurt..."

"Don't think you've earned my forgiveness," Ruggie says, looking at Leona.

"Right, and?"

"Still...I couldn't tell you why, but..." Ruggie says as he hesitates. "It still pains me to see that pathetic look on your face. Your usual smug, sneering grin- somehow, that suits you better." Ruggie says with a smile. "So come on, now! Laugh With Me!" A light flashes as Ruggie finishes his sentence.

Suddenly Leona starts smiling, a pained smile, but a smile nonetheless. "Owwwwww! Ruggie, what are you doin...?!" Leona says through a strained voice.

"Shyeheehee! I can't tell you how long I've wanted to do this!" Ruggie says, smiling, trying to make Leona smile as well as Leona copies Ruggie's movements.

"Knock it off! Now!" Leona strains angrily.

Jack and Angel only watches the scene. "You guys are a buncha idiots..." Jack says with a sigh, but a small chuckle escapes him as he smiles. "Heh."

Angel only looks at Jack, a smile on her face as she looks at him. "You actually laughed!" She says, going back into her laughing fit.

Jack only taken by surprised, and blushes. "I...I did not!" He hurriedly says, trying to stop her from laughing and trying to get the blush off his face. He looks towards the Heartslabyul group and the duo. "I owe you guys for this. Thanks to you, I'll be able to go out there and give 100%," he says with a smile.

"But on that field, we will be enemies. We will hold nothing back," Riddle states.

"I wouldn't have it any other way!" Jack says with a determined face.

A/N: so saw that I reached 5k reads a few days ago and wanted to do a thank you chapter but decided to wait until after book 2 was posted to do it! Look forward to it!