🐙The Merchant from the Depths🐙 Chapter 22

"Now, then..." Azul mumbles as he turns around, heading towards the vault. They heard a click and then the door creaks, the five seeing that Azul opened the vault. Azul only looks at the vault for a while before taking something out.

"Hey...Those are the contracts we signed!" Deuce whispers.

"So he's been keeping 'em in the vault after all," Ace whispers.

"One, two, three..." Azul mumbles as he counts the contracts, a smirk appearing on his face. "Heh heh heh..."

"He's counting those contracts like they're a wad of bills! Look at that smirk on his face," Grim angrily whispers.

"What a twisted pastime..." Jack whispers.

"He just relishing in other people's misery..." Angel says as she watches Azul. Wait, why would he come here to count the contracts...?

"Ahhh. That's that. I'd better be getting back now," Azul says, putting the contracts back in the vault. He closes the vault gently, using a key to put the lock back on it. After making sure the vault is safely locked, he starts to walk out of the room, closing the door behind him. Once he was gone, the five release a sigh of relief, as they carefully got out of their hiding spot.

"We were THIS close to gettin' noticed," Grim says as he tries to show how close they were with his paws.

"At least we didn't get noticed," Angel sighs.

"Wait, look!" Jack says and everyone only follow his line of sight. "He left a contract out on the table." Everyone looks at the table in the middle of the room to see a golden piece of paper placed right on the table.

"For real?! Lucky us! Let's swipe it and see if we can tear it up," Ace says as he approaches the contract.

"Who knew Azul was so sloppy with this stuff?" Grim says as he joins Ace. Deuce and Jack join in, but Angel takes a moment to look at the contract on that table before joining the four. "Let's see what we got here..." Grim says as his paw come closer to the paper.

Angel's eyes widen, realizing what was happening. "Grim, wait no-!"

Soon enough, electricity courses through Grim's hand, shocking him and everyone around the paper, eventually causing everyone to scream in pain.

"AGHAGHAGHAGHAGH!!!!" Everyone shouts.

"MRAAAAAH!" Grim exclaims, unable to move. "My whole body's paralyzed!" Grim whines.

"C-c-c-can't....move..." Angel stutter out, still feeling the effects of the electricity.

"Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha!!" Floyd laughs, and the five only look towards the door to see Azul and the twins looking at them with smirks on their faces.

"Dear me. You're all twitching like you got attacked by an electric catfish," Azul says as he chuckles. "You look positively silly."

"You were onto us the whole time?!" Jack strains out, glaring at the trio.

"Of course I was. Your fluffy tail was perfectly visible under the desk," Azul states. "It would appear you were trying to steal the contracts..." Azul sighs. "Unfortunately for you," he smirks, "they're rigged to jolt anyone who touches them aside from myself."

"So the whole thing was a set up?!" Ace exclaims.

"I told you that my contracts are completely unbreakable," Azul crosses his arms.

"Aha ha ha!" Floyd laughs. "What a bunch of schmucks! Why would you even try when you know how this is gonna go?"

Jade snickers and smirks. "Floyd, don't laugh at the poor things. That's just mean. They're wracking their little peabrains. This is simply the best they could come up with. Heh heh heh."

"Trying to steal someone else's valuables merits a proper punishment, wouldn't you say?" Azul says to the twins as he pulls out his pen.

"Indeed. They need to be taught a firm lesson so that they never think of doing it again," Jade states as he steps forward.

"I'm gonna squeeze you all, oooone byyy ooone," Floyd says as he steps forward, cracking his knuckles.

"Rgh...Watch out guys! Incoming!" Jack yells as he pulls out his pen and the boys could follow. Angel could only stay behind them, since the room was already cramped, and they were blocking the only exit. The twins only smirk as they release water spells at the four, hitting them as they were still feeling the effects of the electricity. Though they took damage, they released some spells of their own, though limited may be, back at the twins, but Azul only used the contract to deflect the spells, and basically send it right back at them, shocking the four as they are pushed back and hit the wall. The four only groans in pain as they stand up, and they see the trio only advancing towards them. Ace got desperate and sent water spells at them again, hoping to hit, but with Floyd's signature spell, the attacks proved to be useless, while Azul only attacked the four with a variety of spells. When Grim tried to escape, Jade could only smile and send a spell at him, making him yelp in pain and join him back with the others. Angel could look on in horror at how brash the trio was, with Azul's variety of spells and the twins strategy of watching any escapees and preventing them from moving forward, that the four didn't really put up a fight.