🌹The Red Rose Tyrant🌹 Chapter 10

Once class was over with, the quartet head towards the woods behind the garden as per Trey's instructions. When they arrived at the right location, they spotted chestnut trees all around, with some of them on the ground as well, making all of them happy with the sight of chestnuts being easy to pick.

"Whoa! There really are a ton of chestnuts just layin' around. I'm gonna be livin' large on chestnut tarts! Mmm!" Grim exclaims while he starts drooling about the tarts. "Let's get grabbin'-" Grim picks up a chestnut only to retract his paw instantly as he touched it. "YOWCH!" He screams as goes to Angel and shows his paw at her. She giggles at his actions, reminding her of a kid who got hurt, and inspected his paw. "The chestnut spines pricked my paws!" He glares angrily at the chestnuts while Angel still inspects his paw.

"I don't think we can do this with our bare hands. And we need something to put them in, too," Deuce says as he walks around, inspecting the chestnuts.

Ace looks around. "Maybe we can find some supplies in the botanical garden?" He says to the group, and everyone agrees.

"Let's take a look then," Deuce says as he leads the way to the garden with everyone following after him.

When they enter the garden, Angel gasps at the sight. If she thought Heartslabyul dorm was colorful, then the garden took the cake. There were potted flowers and trees lining the walkways, with a water irrigation system in place around the walkways for the aquatic plants and bridges to cross across them. She could see plants of different sizes and color around her, some instantly noticeable from Crewel's description in class and most of them unfamiliar to her. She saw a plant with flowers that was the size of her head and went closer only not to notice that the plant was closing as she tried to look in. Deuce notices this and quickly pulls her away, just in time for the plant to shut itself and open itself again, almost as if mad that its prey wasn't captured. Angel looks at Deuce with a thankful smile and he only warns her to be careful, which she obliges. Ace looks around the huge place and whistles at the size of it.

"Whoa, I didn't realize this place was so huge," Ace says in awe.

"If it's this large, it's got to have a groundskeeper," Deuce says as Ace and Grim joins him and Angel from their little look around. "Let's split up and look."

"Sure. Dibs on the right side," Ace claims.

"Then how about I go left, while Grim and Angel go straight ahead?" Deuce says as Angel agrees with him.

"Then....let's meet here in about 30 minutes," Angel says as they all agree and go their separate ways, with Grim in front of Angel.

After walking for a while, Angel looks around the garden, admiring the flowers, fruits, and plants on the way. She looks in awe at the fact that there were plants that she didn't even know, even without the loss of her memories. She saw a bush that looked like it had blueberries on it, but the berries were yellow instead of blue. She even saw a fruit the size of a watermelon grow on a palm tree, but the fruit was purple instead of green, which only made her concerned at the fact that when the fruit falls, she hoped that there wasn't a poor soul underneath to get a concussion. While they were walking, Grim spotted fruit on a tree and called out to Angel.

"Hey, come take a look at this!" Grim shouts and Angel looks at where he's pointing. "There's a ton of fruit growing here! Smells like they're ripe, too!"

Angel looks at the berries growing on the tree, showing off their red glow with the sunlight's help. "I don't recognize these plants at all," she says as she sees Grim run towards the tree. "Grim, don't pick anything!" She says as he runs to catch him. Her chase is stopped when she felt something beneath her foot. "It feels like I just stepped on something..." She says as she looks down and sees a thin moving brown...snake?