🌹The Red Rose Tyrant🌹 Chapter 5

Period 1: Potionology

As the four arrive to the laboratory for their potion class, Angel sees a familiar face.

"Ah. You must be my new homeroom students," the familiar voice calls the four of them and they look up to see Mr. Crewel. Instead of his black and white pajamas Angel saw him in previously, he was wearing a huge black and white vertical striped coat, with half black and half white pants. Underneath his coat, she could see a black and white vest with a solid black shirt underneath, along with a red tie and red gloves. Instead of his hair being slicked back with a sleep mask, she sees that only the black part of his hair is slicked back, with the white part of his hair hanging on his left side, just a little passed his left eye.

He stares at the four of them, with a small smile at Angel who nervously send a small smile back. He's eyes land on Grim, who moved from Angel's arms to her shoulders. "Hm, that quite the unusual coat of fur. Do make sure that you arrive properly groomed," he tells Grim specifically in which Grim gulped. "My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me Master Crewel," he addresses the four. "Now, take your seats. Class is about to begin. We're going to start with the basics."

The four students start putting on their lab coats and goggles and head towards the lab benches, with a station of consisting of two tables and four stools. Ace and Deuce sit together at one end, much to their dismay, while Grim and Angel sit at the other side. Angel could feel the other students staring at her, feeling nervous at the attention.

After making sure the students got situated, Crewel continued his lecture. "And by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brains. The mycelia are another matter. But eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws." He stares at the students who only staring at Angel and a smirk appears on his lips. "For now, I realize you have all the self-control of voracious hounds. But I will not abide a single student failing this class. Expect to be drilled accordingly." He says with an evil smile, preparing his wand, or what looks like a training stick.

Deuce whispers to the group. "Huh, So...does anyone know what a mycelia is?"

Ace sighs. "I've never been one for like, memorizing what things are, ya know?"

"All I care about is how to tell the yummy plants from the yucky ones," Grim mumbles, while Angel starts taking notes from Crewel's lecture. Deuce sees Angel taking notes, and follows her direction, feeling the stare of Master Crewel on him. Ace eventually takes notes but still mad at the situation earlier, he doesn't catch all the ingredients he lists.

After a whole period, Crewel decided to end class, much to the student's relief. They felt his stare on them when they would stare at Angel and would almost get hit by his stick, forcing them to pay attention to his lecture instead of staring at the only girl in class, more specifically the whole school. As students start to leave, Ace, Deuce and Angel get up and start putting their lab coats and goggles back and putting their blazers back on, with Grim jumping on Deuce's shoulders this time. When they were about to leave the doorway, Angel stops them.

"Um...can you guys wait for me for a second? I need to talk to Cre- I mean Master Crewel right quick?" She asks Ace, Deuce and Grim and they looked at her and each other.

"We can wait for you, but don't take too long. We have history up next," Deuce says as he stares at his watch. The three step outside, waiting around the doorway while Angel heads towards Crewel, who brightens at her approaching him.

"Oh Angel. I knew you would receive my gift. And may I say, you look absolutely gorgeous in that outfit," Crewel compliments Angel and she blushes.

"Um...I wanted to ask you about the gift you gave me. I think it's too much for me. Plus, we just met and I don't want to owe you anything. I mean, I thank you for the clothes and money, but I don't think- "