🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 6

In the Mirror Chamber, 5 people and a tablet gather in the hall, waiting for Crowley to come in. After a moment of waiting, Crowley strolls in, taking his position in the center of hall, addresses the people gathered.

Crowley clears his throat. "I call to order this meeting of housewardens. Out agenda today concerns the October Spelldrive tournament. Let us begin with the report from the head of the tournament planning committee: Mr. Ashengrotto of Octavinelle house." A silver-haired person stands up, with silver eyes and glasses on his face.

"Greetings. I am Azul Ashengrotto, and it is my honor to lead the planning committee. I am pleased to announce that we have fully booked the grounds surrounding the coliseum. All of the kiosk space allotted to both internal organizations and external business in now full." Azul reports to the group.

"Sweet! This tournament should be a real lively one, then," a gray-haired boy with red eyes said.

"All invitations to various royalty have been sent, public tickets are selling briskly, and, as in past years, we have received numerous requests to cover the event from both television stations and print media." Azul states.

"Sounds like the whole world will be watching," the gray-haired boy says. "Before I was admitted here, I looked forward to receiving my VIP invitation every year," he says as he crossed his arms and smiled. "I imagine you got them too, Leona? We might have run into each other at the tournament when we were kids!" He says to Leona, who only looked at him with a bored expression.

"Who knows? And also, who cares?"

"This year, I'll have to work extra hard on my makeup to make sure I'm shining like a diamond on the new Ultravision displays," the blond-haired boy with purple highlights says with a sigh. "With all the exertion, I'll need to be touching it up constantly!"

Riddle sighs. "...House Pomefiore is the only dorm that regularly calls timeouts to fix their makeup."

"How can you all be so excited to be on TV? Just the idea of it makes me wanna puke," the tablet says dejectedly.

Azul clears his throat. "As I was saying."

"Oops, sorry about that, Azul!" The gray-haired boy says with a smile.

"Now, as soon as your dorms' player rosters are settles, I'll need your registration documents. Any dorm that is even a single day late-"

"Will be promptly disqualified, I trust," Riddle interrupts.

Azul only shakes his head with a closed eye smile on his face. "No. They will be charged a handling fee. Consider it renumeration for rush processing."

Riddle is taken aback by the rule. "What? I don't approve of you changing the rules to allow for policy exceptions!"

"And I couldn't be more grateful for it! Ha ha ha!" the gray-haired boy laughs.

"Let's try to stay on topic," Crowley says, trying to make everyone stay on topic. "We need to discuss the tournament bracket. I have an idea I'd like to propose."

"And that is...?" Riddle asks.

"It concerns the Diasomnia housewarden," Crowley states, making everyone look at the empty space for the housewarden of Diasomnia. "I think we should induct Mr. Draconia into the hall of fame to keep him off the field entirely."

"Say whaaat?!" The gray-haired boy says.

"What are you on about?" Leona asks, getting annoyed at the request.

"Ever since Mr. Draconia enrolled here, no dorm has scored even a single point against Diasomnia," Crowley explains. "Diasomnia regularly scores 100 points per game, with 90% of them being from Mr. Draconia himself."