🐙The Merchant from the Depths🐙 Chapter 12

After walking down the stairs and standing in the foyer, Jade and Floyd follows the two, observing their every move as they make the final adjustments to leave. Angel and Grim could only look around their once called home one more time, at least the twins were gracious enough to allow them the chance. "Are you two all set?" Jade asks the duo and Angel nods meekly.

"Peace, Little Jellyfishy and Baby Seal! See you around!" Floyd says as he pushes the two out the door, with Jade holding the suitcase in his hands to carry it out.

"And if you're in need of lodgings, feel free to come and speak with us. Reservations for guest rooms in Octavinelle Dorm start at 100 thaumarks a night," Jade smiles but even Angel knew that was an option she could not accept. Soon enough, the twins only close the doors to the dorm, leaving Grim and Angel outside in the night as they watch their home be taken away.

"Hey! Wait! Say that to my face!" Grim exclaims to the closed door. "NOBODY CALLS ME A BABY SEEEAAAL!" No one responds and Angel and Grim could only sigh as they walk towards the dorm gates, looking at their once called home. While they look, a chilled wind blows, making the two shiver to warm themselves, but It only does so much. Angel only goes into the suitcase, seeing a jacket she packed and took it out, putting it on for extra warmth. "Brr...Guess we're roughin' it tonight. This stinks." Grim shakes.

"And whose fault is that?" Angel says bitterly, making Grim look at her in fear, knowing that she was getting angry, but one look at her and he knew that he really couldn't complain at her. He at least knew that he pushed her into the decision, and she didn't really have a choice but to accept Azul's terms. Angel could only look at Grim and feel bad instantly. "Sorry Grim...I didn't mean to..." She starts, sighing. "Anyway, we'd better start looking for some cover." I shouldn't be angry at Grim right now, no matter how much this is his fault.

After the sentence was said, the two heard hurried footsteps, seeing that Ace, Deuce, and Jack were running towards the two. "Hey, Angel! Grim!" Deuce calls out, as the three only stop in front of them.

"Myah!" Grim perks up at the sight of the three. "Are you guys here to help?"

"Hm..." Ace hums. "Not to help you, but it's kind of our fault that Angel is out in the cold. It wouldn't sit right with me if you slept outside and caught a cold or somethin'..." Ace says with a somewhat worried tone, but it was evident that he was worried about the situation nonetheless.

"What is it with you and posturin'?" Grim says, putting his paws on his hips.

"Hey, we know Angel did this for us, we can admit this much," Ace tells Grim with a sigh. "Our idiocy really made her suffer this time."

"We've talked with Housewarden Rosehearts," Deuce speaks up. "We can offer you a place safe from the elements if you don't mind sleeping in our four-man freshmen door room." Angel could only think of the offer for a while.

The offer only makes Jack sigh. "You guys are gonna cram ANOTHER two bodies into a crowded four-man room? What, does Heartslabyul not have any empty rooms?"

"Since nobody in our dorm ever drops out or get held back, it's always at full capacity," Deuce explains. "We've watched Grim before and he wasn't much of a problem, but for Angel on the other hand..." Deuce says, looking at the girl. "Well, we can try to help her adapt."

Jack thinks for a moment. "Then..." he speaks up, scratching the back of his head, "why don't you come to Savanaclaw Dorm instead?"

The offer only shocks the four. "HUH?!" Everyone looked at Jack in surprise.

Jack sighs and look at Angel. "I acted like I was doin' you a favor by sticking around for those negotiations with Azul, but I didn't actually contribute at all. And considering how much we owe you for everything that went down at the Spelldrive tournament, Leona and the others won't make a peep about it." The four only listen to the explanation and Angel thinks about it, while Ace, Deuce, and Grim look at Jack, with smirks on their faces.