🌹The Rose Red Tyrant🌹 Chapter 3

The four goes through the Hall of Mirrors and spots the Heartslabyul gate. The mirror had different playing cards laying the edges of the frame, and a crown located on the top, titled. The four of them stepped in front of it and a bright light showed up, causing Angel and Grim's eyes to close. When the light disappeared, they opened their eyes and Angel and Grim's eyes widened at the sight before them.

In front of them is a beige walkway filled with rose pots on the side, with rose trees within each rose pots. In the center of the walkway was a fountain, with a shape of a heart underneath it. The walkway continues to lead towards a building, more like a castle of red, white, and black, with the main entrance being a black door in the shape of a heart. Behind the pots and trees of roses were brightly green hedges that followed the path of the walkway, leading into a maze of some sort. While Ace and Deuce walk the walkway, Angel and Grim look around them in excitement, observing every detail of the place. The two boys only stare at them blankly as they explore their surroundings.

"Dang, this place is swank! This is nothing like our dumpster of a dorm," Grim says as he jumps off Angel's shoulders and explore the place more easily.

"Hey, our dorm is a work-in-progress!" Angel replies to Grim, looking at the trees with roses. "Maybe we should try growing some flowers to get some color in..." Angel mumbles as she looks at the flowerpots and hedges. Do roses even grow on trees?

The quartet wanders outside, following outside the path, and into the hedges to look for Ace and Deuce's housewarden, eventually getting lost in the maze. It wasn't until Grim pointed out some paint on the ground that the quartet decided to follow it. Angel touched the red paint and found out that it was still fresh, and assumed they were on the right track. On the grass and hedges, there were smudges of red paint and as they walked, it seemed to increase in quantity and size as they followed the trail. Once they reached the end of the trail, they reached a tiny clearing within the maze. The clearing is layered with rose trees scattered about and red paint buckets littering the place, and the quartet notices that there is someone on a ladder, painting the roses with a paint brush in hand. The person had orange hair that landed past his ears, part of it held back by a hairclip of some sort at the top of his head, and green eyes, and just like Ace and Deuce, they had a symbol on their face, his being a tiny red diamond under his right eye and an gray earring hanging from both of his ears. He was humming something while he painted the roses with a smile.

"Aww yeah, I am getting my paint on!" He hums to himself, not knowing the quartet behind him.

"Ah, someone's here," Grim says as they all start to approach the guy.

"They all gotta be red, or it's 'off with my head'," the boy says as he continues to paint. Angel thought about that line. I feel like...I heard that somewhere before...

"Huh?" The boy glanced from the corner of his eye, finally spotting the quartet. "You guys need something?" He asks, getting down off the ladder and putting the paint brush back into the bucket.

"What are you doing there?" Ace asked the boy and the boy just blinks at him.

"Are you blind? I'm painting these roses red, duh," the boy replied to them, making everyone look at him in shock.

"What?! Why?!" Deuce asks.

The boy looked at them and starts laughing. "Ah ha ha. So naïve, you put the 'n' in newb." He stops laughing and inspects the four and realization comes to his eyes. "Hold the phone, I know you! You're the ones who broke a billion-thaumark chandelier and nearly got expelled for it yeah? Didn't that happen like, yesterday?" Everyone sighs as that statement.

"That chandelier is gonna haunt us till the day we graduate, isn't it?" Ace says as he, Deuce, and Grim sweat dropped at his statement while Angel just sighed.