🌹The Red Rose Tyrant🌹 Chapter 26

"Riiiddle!" Trey shouts, making the two open their eyes slowly, observing their surroundings. They see that there were trees scattered everywhere, roses crushed, and the hedges were destroyed. Riddle looks up and is surprised by the looks that are on him from the freshmen, upperclassmen and Crowley, all of them worried for the two people in front of them. He realized that his head and hand is on something soft, only to look and see that he was laying and placing his hand on Angel's chest, in which he jumps up in surprise, a blush on his face.

"Gah!" Riddle says in surprise, while Angel just blinks at him. Everyone looks at the two, wondering what happened in the barrier to make Riddle returned to normal.

"They're back!" Ace exclaims in surprise.

"Well, it's about time...We were just about losin' our heads here-figure of speech, sorry- 'cause we thought you might never wake up!" Cater says as he starts to relax from using spells.

Riddle gasps. "...What in the world happened...?" He says looking at his surroundings, a hand on his head.

"Ah, Mr. Rosehearts and Miss Reika appears to have regained consciousness. Excellent," Crowley says with a sigh. Ace, Deuce, Cater and Grim head towards Angel to try and make sure she was okay.

"Don't worry, Riddle. Just try to relax," Trey told Riddle as Riddle accepts Trey's help to stand up.

"Yo, that's just the sort of coddling that led to him going nut in the first place!" Ace tells Trey as Deuce and Cater help Angel stand up. "Now the garden is torn up from the floor up, not to mention that we could've died!"

"He's right. It was looking bad for a while there," Deuce says as Angel is leaning on him for support.

"For cryin' out loud," Grim says with his paws crossed. "When you humans let that stress build up, the results sure ain't pretty."

Riddle looks at everyone, then look at Angel, who only gives him a small smile and nod. Riddle hesitates the next words that comes out of his mouth. "The truth is, I...I really wanted to eat the chestnut tart."

Ace looks at him confused. "Huh?"

"And I don't care if the roses are white, or if the flamingos are pink. And I prefer honey to sugar cubes in my tea, And I like milk tea better than lemon tea anyhow. And after a meal, I want to be the one sitting around talking with everyone..."

"Riddle...?" Trey looks at him in surprise.

"And I really wanted to play with you and Chenya more, Trey," Riddle says as tears start falling from his eyes and he starts crying. "WAAAAAAAAH!"

"Riddle Rosehearts, in tears...Hashtag #WOW," Cater says in disbelief watching the scene. Angel only gets off from Deuce and walks towards him, giving him a hug, in which he returns, shocking everyone.

"You think a few crocodile tears is all it'll take for me to forgive you?" Ace says while Riddle is still crying.

Deuce puts his hand on Ace's shoulder. "Give the guy a break, Ace. He's been through a lot."

"I'm sorry, Riddle," Trey says as Riddle looks at him from the hug, tears still falling from his face. "I knew you were suffering, and all I did was pretend not to notice." Riddle continue to sob. "So, I'm gonna say what I should have said earlier. Your way of doing things was wrong, and you owe everyone an apology."

Riddle cries on Angel's shoulder as he looks at everyone. "...I'm sorry...I'm really sorry," he says, making everyone speechless. Angel only rubs his back in support.

Ace only stare at Riddle crying. "I know I've been saying I wanted an apology from Riddle, but now that I got one, y'know what?" Everyone looks at Ace as he takes a deep breath. "One stupid 'I'm sorry' doesn't even come close to making up for what he did!"

"Dude! Way to be a capital-J jerk!" Cater exclaims in surprise.

"And proud of it! Have you forgotten how he made a total fool outta me?!" Ace retorts to Cater. "Have you forgotten how he just threw away that chestnut tart we worked so hard on?! That ain't something you can make go away with a few tears and a flimsy 'I'm sorry'!" Everyone looks at Ace and sweat drops at his reaction. Riddle stops crying and watching the scene play out in front of him, getting out of his hug with Angel and looking at Ace.

"Wow. I ain't never met anyone who was better at holdin' grudges than I am," Grim said, deadpanned.

"Then...Then what do you want me to do?!" Riddle asks.

Ace thinks for a moment. "You know...I don't got a birthday coming up anytime soon."

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Deuce curiously asks.

"So, I demand a do-over for the unbirthday party!" Ace demands. "Except this time, we ain't gotta do squat. This time, YOU'RE the one who brings the tart! And no getting Trey to make it for you! Do that, and then things are square between us."

"Just admit you wanted a tart," Angel says tiredly to Ace, who only just glares at her.

"Quiet from the peanut gallery!" He turns to Riddle. "What do you say, Riddle? We clear?"

"Yes...We're clear," Riddle says quietly, making everyone smile.

"Ah, yes. Compromise is a beautiful thing. I believe that concludes this matter," Crowley says with tears in his eyes. Angel could only tiredly agree with him.

A/N: I had to go back and change some descriptions (my blind butt didn't know the difference between gray and white) and other things for some people, so if you haven't seen the changes it should make sense now. Will still edit as I go!

Also for those who play splatoon 3: LETS GO TEAM 👽 !!!
3/31/23