🐙The Merchant from the Depths🐙 Chapter 16

Once everyone got ready, the five headed towards the cafeteria for their breakfast, seeing that other students just now waking up, heading to the cafeteria in a sleepy manner, grabbing their food. Everyone only grabbed their food and head to a table, where they could only dig in. "Nothing beats a good breakfast after workin' up a sweat!" Grim exclaims excitedly as Angel sat down at the table and got off her shoulder. "Grim craves protein- bring on the MEAT!" He grabs his food and starts eating.

"So, like, what were you thinking, cuttin' a deal with that cephalon-punk?" Leona says to Angel. "How stupid can you get? Now you're crampin' MY style as a result," he says with an annoyed tone.

"W-well," Angel starts. "It's like this..." She tells them about the final grades and the deal that other students have made along with the headmage orders, and Leona only laughs at the story.

"Hah! You made a deal to free all the chumps who contracted with him to get ahead in their finals? BAH HA HA! That's rich. I shudder to imagine being that dumb." I know right? Angel sighs.

"Rumor has it that Azul's study guide is the real deal, though," Ruggie speaks up. "I kinda get why people would wanna get their hands on that."

"So, you guys steered clear of Azul's scheme, huh?" Jack asks the upperclassmen. "I figured you'd go for the easiest out of you could get, Leona," Jack says, then remembering his words and scratching his head awkwardly. "...Ah, no offense, of course."

"Are you kidding?" Leona says, crossing his arms in annoyance. "Who in their right mind would voluntarily keep making deals with that swindler? I've made a few deals and paid the piper for 'em. There's always a steep catch."

"Yeah, he ain't the kinda guy you wanna turn to as your first resort," Ruggie sighs. "He's definitely a capable magician, though. He can grant some real tall orders just like that."

"The guy who wants something outta a deal is always the one at a disadvantage. That's Negotiating 101," Leona states. "When dimwitted herbivores sign contracts on a whim, they always end up getting suckered somehow."

Angel only sighs, taking in the upperclassmen words. "Can I really win this bet...?" She mumbles, but they all heard her anyway.

"Y'know what?" Leona says. "Let's hear it. What were your terms, exactly?"

"Well, from what Azul said..." Angel tries to recall. "I have to take a picture from the Atlantica Memorial Museum and give it to him before the sun sets of the third day from signing the contract. If I do that, then he'll let the people who fell for his previous contract free."

Leona and Ruggie thinks about the terms. "Before the sun sets on the third day after signing..." Leona mumbles.

"You have to sneak into the Atlantica Memorial Museum, steal a photo, and bring it back?" Ruggie asks. Angel only nods, and the upperclassmen only look at her. "Boy...Stinks to be you."

"Hey, we ain't even gotten started yet!" Grim exclaims angrily at the upperclassmen. "Don't go jinxin' us!"

"Isn't the Atlantica Memorial Museum underwater? How are you gonna get there, brainiac" Ruggie asks the freshmen.

"They gave use water-breathin' potions," Grim answers.

"No idea how well they work, though," Jack says uncertainty.

"Huh," Ruggie says as he puts his hands behind his head. "If Azul gave 'em to you, they'll probably work just fine. He's got his pride. I doubt he'd ever give someone a wonky potion."

"Ah...he does seem to be confident in his academic abilities so it can be assumed that he wouldn't tamper with any potion he makes, even if it is for deals," Angel says to Jack and he thinks about it, remembering how he was able to make a third-year level potion while he was only a second-year.

"Hm..." Leona hums as he looks at Angel. "I'd get the ball rollin' now, if I were you," he smirks. "Time is money, as they say."

"Myah! Good idea!" Grim looks at Angel. "Hey, Angel, let's hit up the Atlantica Memorial Museum right now!"

"Good call," Jack adds. "With only three days, we don't have any leeway here."

"I'm bringin' Ace and Deuce along, too! Let's mosey!" Grim cheers and the three left the upperclassmen, getting ready for their excursion.

Ruggie and Leona only look at the underclassmen backs as they leave. "Aaaand they're gone," Ruggie starts, looking at Leona. "I gotta say, Leona- you're a real piece of work."

"Hah," Leona chuckles. "I've got no idea what you're talkin' about."