🌹The Red Rose Tyrant🌹 Chapter 20

After telling Crowley the situation, Crowley puts his hand to his chin in thought. "Ah...I believe I understand the situation," he starts, facing Deuce and Ace. "You are resistant to the idea of apologizing, but unable to devise any other method to get the housewarden to remove the collar."

"Yeah, pretty much," Ace sighs.

"I see. If you and the housewarden are truly unable to reconcile, you could always transfer. However, this is the dorm that the Dark Mirror chose for you based on the essence of your being. Any attempt to relocate would necessitate quite a burdensome process, as well as a new ritual," Crowley explains, making Angel look at him. Why does my essence not belong here?

"A transfer, huh...?" Ace thinks. "That'd make me feel like I was running away with my tail between my legs."

"Hmm. Then it sounds like you should challenge Mr. Rosehearts for leadership of the dorm," Crowley says, making everyone look at him.

"WHAAAAAT?!" Everyone but Angel shouts, who only whispered it because they were, again, in the library.

"Lower your voices! This is a library!" Crowley scolds the boys in a whisper.

"But what you said was...insane!" Ace whispers back.

"There is nothing remotely 'insane' about it. After all, that's how Mr. Rosehearts got the position."

"Wait, he got the position of housearden in the first week of his first year. Did he really challenge the previous housewarden for it?" Angel asks, in which Crowley only nods.

"Mr. Rosehearts has spectacular skills in magic, even I was shocked when he defeated the previous housewarden," Crowley says as he looks back on the memory.

"That's incredible..." Angel whispers. No wonder he has much pride in his magical ability.

"What exactly is the process by which housewardens are selected at Night Raven College?" Deuce questions Crowley.

"There are several ways. You could be appointed by the previous housewarden, for example, or duel the current warden and win. A duel is certainly one of the simpler methods." Crowley explains. I bet you just don't want to do the paperwork...Angel thinks with a straight face.

"But isn't fighting with magic against the rules?" Ace states, remembering the rule.

"In general, yes. A duel initiated through a formal procedure and conducted in the presence of the headmage is another matter entirely."

Trey thinks about Crowley's explanation. "I'm pretty sure the duel doesn't allow for preemptively handicapping your opponents..." He says, looking at Ace and Deuce's collars. "So, this could be a way to force Riddle to remove your collar without apologizing." He concludes. "That said..."

"The right to challenge a housewarden is bestowed upon all students when enrolling at Night Raven," Crowley states to Trey, confirming his suspicions. He looked to Ace. "So, what do you say, Mr. Trappola? Will you challenge Mr. Rosehearts?"

Ace gives Crowley a determined look. "Sure, I'll give it a shot!"

"Then I will too," Deuce joins in, cracking his knuckles.

"Me three!" Grim exclaims, only for Crowley to shake his head at Grim.

"I'm afraid not, Mr. Grim. You cannot challenge a housewarden of a dorm to which you do not belong."

"Myah?!" Then how'm supposed to get this buzzkill collar off?!" Grim exclaims as Angel just picks him up.

"If I become housewarden, I'll just order Riddle to remove it! Easy-peasy!" Ace says with a smile.