🐙The Merchant from the Depths🐙 Chapter 39

Two days later, Angel and Grim was sitting in the kitchen, eating breakfast, and was interrupted by a knock at the door. Angel went and head to the door, looking through the peephole to see who it is and smiled, opening the door for her guests.

"Morning, Little Jellyfishy, Baby Seal!" Floyd greets as he and Jade enter the foyer. "We're here to get you. It's time to go!"

"Erk!" Grim shudders at the two's presence. "Whenever I see you two, I'm always worried you're schemin' something. Makes my heart skip a beat."

"Please," Jade says politely. "We would never dream of getting rough with those who aren't in breach of contract." He looks outside, clear skies and the sun shining. "The weather's quite clear today- perfect for an outing. On that note..."

"Off we go to the Atlantica Memorial Museum!" Floyd finishes with a smile.

Angel only smiles at the two, excited for the day. "Let's go!" She happily exclaims as she closes the dorm and walk with the twins, each on her side as Grim only continues to shudder at them, avoiding any eye contact.

"Azul's arranged it so that we'll have the whole museum booked for ourselves," Jade announces. "He's already gone ahead and is waiting for us on-site."

"You'd better not have doctored the photo, okay?" Angel glares at the twins, who only just smiles at her.

"We haven't," Jade answers. "I've taken full responsibility for keeping the photo in safe custody." Angel sighs in relief, at least knowing that if Jade of all people out of the three kept it safe, then it wasn't tampered.

"C'mon, let's move. Time's a-wastin'!" Floyd exclaims while the others only continued walking, heading to the Hall of Mirrors.

"Duuuuude! WILD. So this is what it's like inside," Ace exclaims as the group walk in the museum, looking around the room of different exhibits and art.

Deuce looks at the statue of the mermaid king in the middle of the room. "There's a statue of a legendary Sea King. Huh." He looks around, seeing that there were other statues in the room. "I guess there's more famous figures around these parts than just the Sea Witch.

"Wow. That king's pretty ripped," Jack comments as he looks at the statue, admiring it.

"Welcome, everyone, to the Atlantica Memorial Museum," Azul announces to the freshmen with a smile. "The Mostro Lounge will be holding a study tour today. Or at least, that's the purpose of our visit on paper. Regardless, I bid you take your time and enjoy yourselves."

"There you are, octo-tentacle Azul!" Grim says angrily, only to be shocked at Azul. "Only...you're not. Are you just stayin' in human form?"

"Yes. Betentacled mermen like myself aren't common around these parts," Azul states. "I wouldn't want to draw any undue attention to myself when our job is to return a photo on the sly."

"I see no reason to be concerned," Jade states in his merman form. "No one would see the cute chubby little merman in the picture and connect that it's you." He teases.

"It wouldn't hurt you to swim around in your real form on a trip home!" Floyd exclaims. "Why limit yourself to two legs when you can have eight?" He shrugs.

Azul only glance at the twins. "Hmph. Just drop it, please." He looks to the freshmen. "I'm going to slip the photo back in its spot. The rest of you, feel free to explore the museum."

"Hey, check it out," Floyd says as he points to a fork. "There's a display for the mermaid princess's silver hair comb."

"I saw a picture of that in a pamphlet before," Ace says as he and the group follows Floyd and Jade. "That's clearly a fork, not a comb, right?"