Prologue Chapter 11

"Hah...like I'm going to clean up 100 windows," Ace says as he walks in the hall of mirrors, heading to the dorm, chuckling to himself. "I bet those two are sitting there crying at the fact that they gotta clean those windows by themselves. Serves them right! I'm just gonna go back and -"

"HEY!" Grim furiously shouts, making Ace turn around, and look in shock at Grim spotted him. "Aw crap! They saw me!"

"Get back here and clean these windows!"

"Yeah, right. Like I'm gonna clean some dumb windows," Ace says as he starts to break out in a run. "If ya catch me, maybe I'll do it, but I doubt you have the skills to try with your tiny legs! Seeya"

"Grr! GET BACK HERE!" Grim bolts after him, with Angel falling behind Grim, trying to catch up the speedy duo.

As the Ace runs away from Grim and Grim follows him in full speed, Angel follows them behind, huffing and panting hard at the speed the two are going. "Wait...slow..down..!" Angel tries to say to the two of them but falls of deft ears. As Ace was running in the hallway, a student was walking towards him. The student had blue hair and teal eyes, with a black spade on the corner of his right eye. He was wearing the same uniform and gloves as Ace, but instead of his vest, it looked like his blazer was button up, showing the same striped tie and white dress shirt underneath. The student looked up and see the situation before him. "Hm?"

"Hey! Get outta the way!" Ace yells at him, pushing him out of the way as he continues running, making the student stagger out of the way, hitting the wall.

"Hey! What gives?!" The student says.

"Wait!" The student turns and see the white-haired girl running slowly to his direction, trying to catch her breath. "Please, stop him!"

He stares at her in confusion. "You want me to cast a spell to stop him? Like freeze his legs? Or bind them with a rope? Or maybe I could...Hmmm...No...." the student mutters to himself, thinking about his options.

"I don't care how! Just do something! Anything!" Grim yells as he continues to chase Ace.

"Anything?! Anything, huh..." The student thinks for a second then looks up. "All right!" He prepares his pen. "Here goes anything! I summon thee...something heavy!"

As soon as he said that a cloud starts to form over Ace's head and next thing Grim, Angel, and the student knows, a giant pot forms, falling on Ace's head, making him suddenly fall to the ground. Angel gasps at the impact, wincing in pain as Ace groans in surprise at the unexpected weight hitting him.

"Bwaaaah?! Wha?! A pot?!" Ace exclaims.

"Ah hahahahaha! Look, Angel, look!" Grim laughs as he tugs her smock and points at Ace. "That Ace guy got crushed beneath a giant cauldron! It squashed him flat like a pancake! Aha ha ha! That's what you get!"

"A cauldron?! I wasn't expecting that. I may have overdone it this time..." the student mumbles, while Angel head towards Ace to make sure that he doesn't have any wounds. Ace gets up and rubs his head seeing the girl walk over to him with concern on her face.

"Are you okay?!" Angel asked him, voice laced with worry, making Ace's face red and look away from her, hiding his face away from her.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he says with a sigh. "What are you bothering me for? You guys coulda just banged out the work yourself."

"No!" Angel tells him. "There's no 'banging out' a hundred windows!" She huffs, shaking her fists in front of her.

"A hundred windows? For what?" The student asks Angel.

"It's for punishment," she replies. "It's the headmage orders after all."

"You have to wash a hundred windows as punishment? What the heck did you do?!" The student says, curiously.

Ace sighs as he gets up. "I was just screwing with that furball a little....Okay, and the statue of the Queen of Hearts got a teeny bit charred. Sue me." He says nonchalantly.

"You damaged a statue of the Great Seven?!" The student widens his eyes in horror. "No wonder he flew off the handle at you! After you managed to get into THIS school, how could you get into trouble on the very first day?!"

That's what I'm thinking as well Angel thinks as she sighs, agreeing at the student's statement.

"Oh, shut up. Who are you, anyway?" Ace asks the student.

"My name is Deuce. Deuce Spade. Don't you remember your own classmate? Uh..." He introduces and looks at Ace.

"You don't remember my name either, do you?" Ace states with his hands on his hips, proving his point.

"T-that's not the point! You shouldn't try to shirk an order from the headmage!" Deuce replies, trying to steer the conversation away from him. Angel just chuckles at the two.

"Yeah, yeah, message received...Fine, let's bang out the windows already," Ace says as he scratches the back of his head. "Huh...?"

Silence blanket the three of them, which becomes awkward until Angel speaks up. "Grim sure has been quiet lately..." Only when she said that, the three look down to see Grim has escaped during their conversation. "Oh no..." Angel says, a bit irritated.

"That furball! He's gone!" Ace shouts angrily, looking out of the window to see Grim running on the main street. Angel and Deuce follow his actions and sees Grim looking at them with a smirk on his face.

"Ah hahaha! I'll let you two handle the rest! See ya suckers!" Grim says as he runs from the trio.

"Grim! Come back here!" Angel shouts at Grim, with Grim running farther away from them.

"You caught me so YOU could run away yourself?!" Ace shouts in disbelief. "Hey! You there! Uh...Juice!" He turns to Deuce.

"My name isn't 'Juice'. It's Deuce! With a D!" Deuce replies to Ace in annoyance.

"This is partially your responsibility, you know! So help me catch that little furball!" Ace yells.

Deuce takes a step back in disbelief. "How is this my fault?"

"Grim's useless janitor friend here can't use magic, so it's up to us to catch him!" Ace explains, with Deuce looking at Angel. Angel looks at him and gives hm a sigh. "It's true," she says. "Sorry to bring you into this."

Deuce thinks about the situation and slowly nods to Ace and Angel. "Alright, I'll help you out," he says, making Angel have a small smile on her face.

"Great! Then let's go!" Ace says, pulling out his pen. "Angel, you just try to follow behind us while we use our magic to corner him, got it?"

"Understood!" Angel responds, ready to join them in their chase with a determine look on her face. The two boys looked at her and lightly blushed at her cuteness and nodded in understanding, chasing after the run away cat, with Angel following behind them.