Prologue Chapter 12

While chasing Grim through out the campus, Ace and Deuce released spell after spell, trying to stop Grim's movement, but they didn't expect Grim's small size would be a problem. When they chased Grim in the main street, they had a chance to corner him, only to bicker at each other to Angel's dismay and Grim to escape through their legs, heading back towards the building. After they notice he wasn't in front of them, they saw his retreating figure heading towards the building, with the three following him (with Angel slowly following their fast figures) chasing him to the cafeteria. When the arrived at the cafeteria, Ace and Deuce threw spells at Grim, while he dodges them with his nimble body, jumping around the two.

"Argh! Stop jumping around like that!" Ace says with irritation in his voice as she shoots another spell at Grim and Grim dodges it.

"Heh heh heh!" Grim smirks. "Catch me if you can!" He says as starts climbing the chandelier above the trio. The chandelier starts to swing with Grim's moving around the arms of the chandelier.

"No fair climbing on the chandelier, you coward!" Deuce yells. "I haven't really learned flight magic yet...What could I summon to hold onto him...? Hmm...." Deuce mumbles aloud with Angel thinking.

"Um, is it possible to summon chains that could keep him in place?" She ask, with Deuce looking at her.

"I don't think I can manifest chains that could at least hold him down without the chandelier suffering from damages," Deuce tells her only to come to a sudden realization. "Oh! That's it!" He exclaims, with Ace and Angel looking at him in confusion.

"Did you come up with somethi-," Ace starts to say until he spots Deuce aiming his pen at him. "Oh, hey! Stop! What are you doing?" Ace ask with his eyes widen, taking a few steps back from Deuce. "Why are you aiming your pen at me?!"

'Because I'm going to launch you," Deuce says with determination.

"WHAAAT?!" Angel and Ace shouts in unison at Deuce's idea.

"Wait, Deuce! I don't think that's a good idea!" Angel quickly tells Deuce, with Deuce waving his pen in motion.

"Are you kidding me?!" A light flashes and Ace starts hovering off the floor, making Angel stare at Ace in horror. "Bwaah! Put me down! Seriously, do not launch me! Abort! ABORT!" Ace screams out to Deuce.

"Deuce! Put Ace down please!" Angel says as she tries to get Deuce to put Ace down but fails as Deuce aims Ace at Grim on the chandelier.

"Make sure to grab him tight. I've got him in my sights," Deuce says as he makes his final adjustments. "And...Go!" Deuce says as he launches at towards the chandelier at full force.

"BWAAAAAAAAAHH!" Ace screamed as he's thrown towards the chandelier, with Angel looking at the spectacle in horror of what happen next.

Grim looks down from the chandelier to see Ace being thrown his way. "MYAAAAAAH?!" He screams when Ace catches him, but with the combined weight of Ace and Grim and the fact that with Ace being thrown towards the chandelier, a creaking sound was heard, with Ace and Grim staring at the ceiling, only for both of their faces to pale with horror as the canopy snaps, making the chandelier fall. Angel, who stared at the falling chandelier in fear, saw that the chandelier was about to fall on her making frozen in place, but it wasn't until Deuce caught sight of the canopy breaking that he ran towards Angel, yelling "Watch out!" He was able to move her out of the way by embracing her and both falling away from the chandelier, with Deuce taking most of the force of the fall as they both hit the floor with a thud. Deuce looked at Angel, who was held in his arms and asked her worriedly, "Are you okay?!

"I-I'm fine," Angel says quietly, with Deuce sighing in relief that she wasn't hurt, but then suddenly blushes at the fact that she was really close to him. So soft... He thinks while trying to keep his blush from being seen by the girl, but the girl was busy trying to keep her blush from forming since she was just embarrassed at the fact that her personal space got invaded. Then, the sound of a CRASH was heard behind them, bringing them out of their reverie, and the two peeking over their shoulders, and widen their eyes, seeing the scene unfold before them.