🌟(EVENT STORY) Wish Upon a Star: Ortho's Star Collecting🌟

Leona's Wish

"Zzz...zzz..." Leona snores while Idia and Ortho only watches him.

"Leona Kingscholar appears to be napping," Ortho tells Idia as they watch him turn in his bed.

"Welp, so much for getting his Wishing Star. GG, we tried, let's go home," Idia states.

Ortho sees his ears twitch. "Hold on, Idia! He's waking up."

"Tch...So loud..." Leona says as he opens his eyes, seeing Ortho and the tablet. "Hm? I was wondering who was makin' a racket in my room. And what do I find? A radish sprout on a tablet and his kid brother."

"Did you just call me a...radish sprout?" Idia asks.

"Yeah. They're long and pale as you are, and just about as appetizing. Anyway, you better have a REAL good reason for wakin' me up," he states to the two, glaring at them.

"Eep! Please don't glare at us like that!" Idia quickly says. "We're just collecting Wishing Stars..."

"You woke me up for THAT?" He looks to Ortho, and sighs. "Geez. You people bother me over the most ridiculous things..." He reaches over to grab his star. "All right, here: I wish to eat lots of meat." The star only glows, taking in his wish.

"What?" Ortho says in shock. "Are you not getting enough to eat. Leona Kingscholar? Do you feel ill? Is that why you were napping?"

"...Yeah, that's right. I'm real sick right now," Leona says nonchalantly. "But it's the kind of illness you just gotta sleep off. So lemme get back to it."

"I don't detect any abnormalities in your vitals. This could be a new type of malady," Ortho says. "I'm equipped with the latest medical technology. I'll examine you to see what's wrong!"

"Uh, Ortho? Let's just go," Idia says as he sees that Leona had an intense glare on them as he settles back in bed. "Leona probably rattled off the first wish that popped into his head to get rid of us."

Ortho only thinks for a moment. "Really? Ooh, okay, I get it now. I'm glad he's not actually sick." He smiles.

"You brother ain't like you at all, Radish Sprout," Leona tells Idia.

"Yeah, no kidding," Idia sighs. "Candid, cheerful, totally unafraid of strangers, right? And the current Ortho's inherited those personality traits-"

"Ugh, save the yammering for someone who cares. Just get outta here," Leona interrupts.

"RUDE."

Jade's Wish

"You're asking for my wish?" Jade asks the two. "Hmm...I'm afraid nothing comes to mind."

The statement shocks Ortho. "Really? But then we can't collect your Wishing Star!"

"Hold on. I don't believe that for a second," Idia says suspiciously. "You're the vice housewarden of Octavinelle, a dorm that's basically run by a perpetually scheming greed elemental. There's no way you don't want something."

Jade only smiles at Idia. "Oh dear. Clearly someone doesn't trust me."

"Look, I don't care what you wish for. We just need you to say something so we can do our jobs," Idia states. "Like, I dunno.... You could wish for Floyd and Azul to stop making trouble."

Jade chuckles. "Heh heh heh. But their continual defiance of expectations is what makes them so amusing. Actually, that gives me an idea. I'll give my wish to Azul and Floyd."

"What?" The two asks, flabbergasted.

"As a gesture of gratitude for all they do...I wish for Azul and Floyd's wishes to come true." The star only glows, taking in his wish.

"You're using your wish to make others happy?" Ortho happily asks. "That's so nice of you, Jade Leech!"

"Congrats, dude. You just won the trophy for Most Insincere Wish Ever (Source: Me)," Idia says with a sigh.

"Please, I assure you my wish was entirely genuine," Jade states. "Yet you refuse to believe me. How sad..." He says in a hurt tone, sniffling.

"Ack! Don't cry, jade Leech!" Ortho says to comfort him then stare angrily at Idia. "Idia, you know better than to bully underclassmen! Tell him you're sorry!"

Ugh, now he's turning on the fake waterworks. "Yeah, whatever, sry. I def believe u...Not that I care whether you meant it or not."

"I'm so relieved you believe me," Jade says with a smile. "Heh heh heh...Here's my Wishing Star." He hands the star to Ortho.

"Thank you, Jade Leech! I hope your wish comes true!"

Floyd's Wish.

"My wish?" Floyd asks the two. "I wish for new shoes." The star only glows, taking in his wish.

"I've seen you pouring through shoe catalogues before, Floyd Leech," Ortho says. "You must really like footwear!"

"Can't you just buy some? Why would you use your wish on that?" Idia asks.

"You don't get it, Firefly Squid. They're not so easy to come by," Floyd says. "Here, lemme pull 'em up on my phone." He takes his phone out and show the two. "These ones here. The laces are pretty basic, but check out the shape of the toe box. Cool, huh?"

"Ooh!" Ortho says in awe. "The color's nice- black with blue highlights."

"Good eye, Lil' Clione. These shoes are hand dyed. I wanna get a pair in my own custom colors!" Floyd exclaims.

"Interesting," Idia says. "So with shoe nerds, it's cooler when your gear's custom painted, just like with model kits..." Idia eyes something. "Wait, wait, hold up! Those are Tenébres shoes! That brand's so lux, even a fashion noob like me knows about it. Lemme look up the price..." Idia types on his computer, only to look at the screen in shock. "3,600 thaumarks?!"

"That's pretty steep!" Ortho states.

"Yeah, so you see what I mean about them being hard to get," Floyd says. "My feet have gotten bigger over the last year too. Prolly need to resize my lasts..."

"Your LASTS?" Idia exclaims. "Like, those foot-shaped forms they use for shoemaking? Your shoes are custom dyed AND scratch built?!"

"Idia, I just looked it up and apparently for shoes, the term is 'bespoke,' not 'scratch built,'" Ortho states.

"I still can't wrap my head around this. Do students even need that level of footwear?"

"My pops gave me some advice before I came on land," Floyd says. "'People with no eye for detail don't deserve respect. When you're on land, pay special attention to your feet. Spare no expense.' His words."

"Whoa..." Idia says. "He sounds kinda scary, TBH. Who IS your dad, anyway?"

Floyd smiles. "You really wanna know? See, it's like this..."

"Uh, I changed my mind. Don't tell me," Idia quickly says. "I get the feeling if I knew the truth, I'd wind up sleeping with the fishes."

"Should I change out my feet for a model that looks like leather shoes, so people'll respect me?" Ortho asks.

"Uhhh...This guy's more of an edge case. Trust me, you don't need to emulate him."