✨Side Story 9: Equestrian Practice✨

A/N: Sorry guys I'm posted so late! The side stories isn't as good as I thought they would be (I just legit finished the rest of them today and rushed the ending and such 😖) because I wanted to post them all today! Either way, I had to switch the chapters around to incorporate the side stories! I hope you guys don't mind and enjoy! (5/16/23)

"Aw, aren't you just the best horse around?" Angel says as she brushes a solid black horse in the school stables. Angel and Grim decided, more like Angel forced Grim, to head to the stables because one of the caretaking ghosts were out of commission for the day, and Crowley told them, and all the ghosts, that there was a perfectly capable prefect that could handle any request. Luckily, Crewel overheard the statement and after a good scolding, Crowley decided that Angel can choose what she wanted to do and help out with, aside from any major problems the school might have. Today, she chose to help out in the stables, which she was amazed by the fact that a school in the middle of nowhere, which she assumed since there weren't many people aside from students there, had a field for horses and horse competitions. She remembered Riddle saying that he was part of the Equestrian Club, but again, she didn't think that since the school was located on top of a cliff or mountain (?), that they had to go somewhere else for practice or competitions. Apparently, she was completely wrong.

Grim only huffed while staring at the other horses. "I don't like these guys. They got eyes on the side of their heads."

"Well, they are horses, Grim," Angel says as she continues to brush the horse named Bartholomew, working on the right side of the horse, brushing its body. "They are herbivores, so usually they have eyes on the side of their head to look for predators."

"Hmph. With legs like those, I don't think the predators can get close to them," Grim shivers as he looks at one of the horses hiking one of their legs up. "Even I'm scare- I mean, wouldn't deal with them."

"It's okay Grim, these horses are just the nicest, beautiful creatures," Angel coos, heading towards the face of the horse she was brushing. "Isn't that right, Barty?" The horse neighs happily, almost as if agreeing with her.

"Ugh," Grim feigns disgust.

"I see you're enjoying your time here," Riddle says, surprising Angel and Grim as they see him walking into the stables, his P.E. uniform on. "These horses are raised with the best possible conditions and care for their upmost performance."

"Yah! Riddle?!" Grim exclaims. "What are you doin' here?"

"I am part of the Equestrian Club. It is almost time for our practice, after all. Tardiness will not be accepted," Riddle states, answering Grim's question. Angel just heads towards the wall, putting away the brush she used to brush the horses.

"Huh. Y'know, I'm quite surprised you of all people are in this club, Riddle," Grim says as he crosses his arms. "I would think you would have trouble getting on the horses with your-"

"Finish that sentence and I'll make sure you'll lose your head for the rest of the month," Riddle coldly says and glares at Grim, and Grim only stays quiet, shaking at the threat.

"H-hey, Riddle," Angel starts up, trying to ease the tension off the two. "I'm sure Grim doesn't mean it. Just a thought, right, Grim?" Grim only nods his head vigorously. "But I would be lying if I said I didn't have the same thought. We're the same height but even I'm not confident to get up on a horse."

Riddle sighs. "As much as I know that we are the same height, it is not hard to mount a horse and ride it. Though people like us have a disadvantage in height, some people turn that disadvantage into an opportunity, mainly to improve their skills."