✨Side Story 8: Should I Care?✨

A/N: so I'm thinking about adding just...one...more side story. Just gotta think of it.

"Thanks again for the tutoring session, Riddle," Angel says to the boy, who only nods at her.

"It is no problem. I do appreciate tutoring you, Angel," Riddle says as the two leave the classroom. Since the events of Heartslabyul, Angel has been getting tutored by Riddle, since he offered compared to the "other" alternatives, as she said. It's not that she doesn't trust Cater and Trey for tutoring, but Riddle seemed to be the better choice since, 1) he was only a year above her, which made it easier to understand certain topics, and 2) the upperclassmen sometimes don't pay attention in class, with Cater always being on his phone and Trey getting the bare minimum, which isn't a problem in Angel's eyes but she knows what people think of her, so she's at least wants to try her best. She was at least thankful that Riddle was able to explain many things in a way to understand, when being from another world and all, and was patient enough to help her until she understood the topic. I guess his mom helped him adopt some study methods for studying and tutoring other people.

"I know that you've been tutoring me for a while, but is there anything I can at least treat you with?" Angel asks and Riddle only thinks for a moment at the question.

"I can't think of anything at the moment. Maybe you could decide. You do know my tastes well," he smirks, making Angel only sigh and think about what to get him.

"Um, I know you like strawberries, but I don't think Trey is making strawberry tarts..." She says as she's thinking. "Ah! How about something different?"

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I think the ghosts in the cafeteria was talking about something else they sell that's strawberry. A strawberry cheesecake!" Angel says. "I think they said it's miniature cakes that you can take home and enjoy at your leisure, but it is enough for one or two people."

Riddle thinks for a moment. "Alright, I'll accept your offer then." Angel only beams at the statement. "Besides, I do not think I've had cheesecake before."

"Oh, it's only the best!" Angel happily says. "It's so soft, fluffy, and melt in your mouth! It's almost as if eating a cloud!"

Riddle could only chuckle at her as she happily explains the dessert. Riddle would be lying if he said that he didn't appreciate tutoring her. He knew that she was studious, which was proved to be correct as she did ask him questions that he didn't even consider or expect anyone else to ask him, which made him happy to have someone to converse with him about said topics more in-depth, which she happily wrote down. Plus, she wasn't afraid of him. Though some people are still afraid of him from his "tyrant" phase as they called it, Angel only approached him casually, talking to him. He was grateful for her, as with both her and Trey's help, he was about to mellow out and enjoy school life more normally. He really couldn't ask for anything else.

"Ah! But is it okay for us to eat cheesecake? I'm not sure about the rules," she says, bringing him out of his thoughts.

"No, there's no rule saying we can't enjoy cheesecake," he replies with a cough, trying to put his attention back on the girl. He was also appreciative that she tried her best to follow the rules of Heartlasbyul.

"That's good. I wasn't sure if it broke any rules."

"You know, you're not expected to follow the rules of Heartslabyul since you're not a resident," Riddle states to her.

Angel only giggles. "It never hurts to try and understand the rules of the Queen of Hearts. It's a lot of rules, but I should try and learn some of them at least."

Riddle could listen to her explanation, appreciative of the fact that she was kind enough to try her best to follow the rules despite not having to. The two only continue down to the cafeteria, with Riddle overhearing the people in the hallway.