🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 12

A/N: I'm thinking of changing the story's photo. Anyone got suggestions?

As the five run away from the twins, Deuce took a glance back and his eyes widen at the figures chasing them. "Shoot! They're chasing us!"

"Hey, couldja stop, friends? Just for a second? We just wanna chat!" Floyd says as he follows after the five.

"Decidedly, no! Full retreat!" Riddle orders to the four, in which they only run faster, trying to meet up with Angel.

As the five run further away, Floyd and Jade stop chasing after them. "Awww...They're gone," Floyd says as he watches the retreating figures with a sad tone.

"Heh heh. I do so enjoy a brisk midday jog," Jade says with a smile. "Alas, we'll have to pick this up another time. Come. We need to prepare the lounge for tonight."

"Bummer. But all right," Floyd says with a smile, following Jade back to the courtyard.

Once the five met up with Angel on the main road, they all panting from running. Angel could only look at them while they take a breather.

"...That was terrifying. What's the deal with those guys?" Grim asks while catching his breath.

"I'm not one to ask. Those two have baffled me since we were freshmen together," Riddle says with a sigh.

"Messing with them seems like a reeeeal bad idea," Cater says with a sigh.

"If I were the culprit, I know I'D steer clear," Ace adds.

"Then it's off to the next name on the list!" Cater says, pulling out his phone. "It's getting late, so let's make this the last one for today, 'kay?" Everyone only nods at his suggestion. "It's Jack Howl: freshman, Savanaclaw Dorm. Rumor has it that he's a great athlete. Scouts from all the major teams are fighting to sign him."

"Wow, a freshman? The school year just started, didn't it?" Angel asks, impressed at the fact that a freshman is already scouted.

"That's true, but when you stand out like he does, it won't take too much time to get noticed," Cater says as he looks at the picture.

"Classes are over, so he should be at the dorm," Deuce says with a pensive look.

"Oh, is it 5:00 already?" Riddle says as he looks at his watch. "Rule 346 says that 'croquet must not be played after 5:00 p.m.' I should head back to Heartslabyul and make sure that no one is breaking the rules in my absence."

"Tch. I thought you'd rounded out some, but nope, you're as square as ever," Grim looks at Riddle, disbelief on his face.

"Th-that's not true! I assure you that I've become much more lenient about enforcing the rules," Riddle stutters, crossing his arms.

"He really has. He's way nicer than before. And we all appreciate that Riddle diligence," Cater supports. "Go go do what you gotta do, Boss!" Cater says as Riddle leaves. Angel waves at him, in which he gives a wave back as he heads out.

"Then I guess the rest of us are headed to Savanaclaw House," Ace says, making the five head towards the Hall of Mirrors.

The five approach a mirror with bones on the side and step into it, bringing them to Savanaclaw Dorm. When Angel looked around, she can feel the air got arid, seeing huge bones all over the place, with a few trees and bushes scattered around. When looking at the "building", she sees that its doorways carved into a mountain, with an entranceway giving a rugged vibe as carpets drapes on the walls of the entranceway. She looks past the building, looking at everywhere else, and only see that the rest of the place is empty, like a savanna, completely different from the vibrant and lush dorms of Heartslabyul and Pomefiore.