🌹The Red Rose Tyrant🌹 Chapter 23

The atmosphere starts to get heavy, and just when the vines was about to touch Ace, a flash of light appeared, and the vines turned into cards, causing Riddle to look at it with his eyes wide.

"Nngh?!" Riddle says, surprised at the fact that his vines disappeared. "What just-"

Ace opens his eyes. "Huh? I'm still alive? What's with all these playing cards?" He says as he inspects himself, trying to see if what he saw wasn't a dream.

"All the rose trees turned into cards?" Deuce says, seeing that the rose trees that were floating in the air has turned into a pile of cards.

"Riddle, stop this right now!" Trey yells, holding his pen out.

"Wait, is that Trey's 'Paint the Roses'?! But...how?!" Cater says and Trey only glances at him for a brief second.

Grim looks around the teens and see that the collars around the necks aren't there. "All the magic-sealin' collars are gone!"

"What did I tell you? My magic can overwrite characteristics for a short time. So I used it to make 'Riddle's magic' into 'my magic'."" Trey says, straining.

"You can do that? That's some kinda loophole!" Cater exclaims.

"Someone made me realize how I can use my power, and I intend to use it in a way to stop Riddle," he says to Cater, briefly taking a concerned glance at the girl who's currently laying on the ground.

Riddle only looks at his pen in frustration at fact that his magic was basically cancelled. "N-no...Off with their heads! I SAID, off with their heads!"

"Riddle, stop. Can't you see how you look right now?" Trey says, glancing at the remaining students who just looked at the scene in horror.

"He...He was really gonna do it!" One student says, fear in his voice.

"He is completely out of control."

"He's like some kind of monster!"

"What...? Was my magic overwritten by yours? Does that mean your signature spell is stronger than mine?!" Riddle looks at Trey in anger, hysteria in his voice.

"Of course it doesn't. Riddle, take a deep breath and listen to us."

"Are YOU going to tell me that I'm wrong too? After all I've done to protect the rule of law?!" Riddle screams. "Do you know how much I've suffered for this?! I...I refuse to believe this!"

"Cease this immediately, Mr. Rosehearts!" Crowley yells again. "Any further attempt to use magic will leave your magestone completely tainted with blot!"

"But...I'm right! I'm the one who's right! There is NO! POSSIBLE! ALTERNATIVE!" Riddle screams, the ink completely overtaking him, making Angel scream. The pain only intensified, causing Ace, Deuce, Grim, and Cater to look at the girl.

"Riddle, stop!" Trey yells.

As the ink start to take over Riddle, Angel only sees Ace and Cater run towards her, her vision fading as she loses consciousness, but before she lost consciousness, the words of the Dark Mirror came up in her mind.

"One may become a tyrant, and crimson in flesh may be spilled by wrath, but pain remains in the Crimson Tyrant's Heart"

The once red gem that Angel saw as Riddle, turned black, making her fall into oblivion.