🐙The Merchant from the Depths🐙 Chapter 8

"Is it just my imagination, or is someone looking a bit dour today?" Jade asks the group, seeing the tired expressions of a certain three people.

"Oh, y'know," Ace starts, glaring at the boys. "We're just coming to terms with being ordered around by a trio of tyrants."

"Aha ha!" Floyd laughs. "Isn't that cute? The sea anemone that breached its contract is talking!" His mood suddenly turns, making him give the three a cold, dangerous look. "You guys know you're in no position to complain. So shut your traps," he says to the three coldly.

Grim could only flinch and hide behind Angel, shaking in fear at the tone change. "Eeep! Not the squeeze!"

"Allow me to clarify," Jade speaks. "I wasn't talking to the sea anemones. I was specifically addressing you..." Jade faces Angel. "Angel, prefect of Ramshackle Dorm."

Everyone could only look at Jade in shock, then look at Angel, who looks at Jade in surprise. "M-me?!"

"Awww, look at you," Floyd says, leaning down and showing up in Angel's face. The action took her by surprise, and she only tries to scoot away from the look Floyd giving her but fails as she only backs into Ace instead. "Scurrying backwards like a jellyfish afraid of being someone's lunch!" He starts to pinch her cheeks, making her groan a little at the touch as he slightly pulls her cheeks. "And on that note...You're so teeny and soft and your hair looks like tentacles, I'ma call you 'Little Jellyfishy' from now on!" He says playfully as he continues to play with her cheeks.

"I think most students on campus would be small compared to you two," Deuce whispers to the group.

"Yeah and having two guys this big standing together is a special kind of imposing," Ace whispers.

"I understand that you were playing little spy games with Riddle and others just recently, Angel," Jade states, keeping his eyes on her as Floyd only stops pinching her cheeks, them being a bit red from the contact. "You may know who we are already, but I've always been a stickler for formal introductions," he says as he only approaches the girl, making her only look up to the two twins. The boys could only keep watch, attention on the two as they stop right in front of her. "I am Jade Leech, and this is my twin brother, Floyd," Jade introduces, as he holds her hand and places a kiss on it. Angel only shivered at the touch, feeling that his lips were ice cold to the touch.

"Heya. I'm Floyd. Nice to meetcha, Little Jellyfishy," Floyd says with a smile. Angel could only nod meekly at the two, at least acknowledging that she heard their names loud and clear.

"Now, where was I?" Jade says, bringing Angel's attention back to him. "Ah, yes...Allow me to infer what troubles you, Angel." Angel could only look at Jade as he observes her face, a smile appearing on his face. "Could your anxieties perhaps stem from these three anemone stooges?" Angel's eyes widen at Jade's deduction, with Jade seeing that he was right.

Jack could only glare at the twins. "'Perhaps'? Listen to you, acting all coy," he speaks up.

Floyd only looks at Jack. "What's your problem? You're as prickly as a sea urchin."

The statement took Jack by surprise as he only glares at Floyd. "Wh-I'm a WOLF, not a sea urchin!"

"If the source of your troubles does in fact lie with these sea anemones..." Jade continues. "...I believe you would be well-served discussing the matter with Azul in person, Angel." He gives her a closed eye smile.

Angel could only look at Jade, trying to figure out how he knew exactly what was going on in her head. "Wait, what?" Jack asks, eyeing Jade suspiciously.

"You will find Azul to be as benevolent as the Sea Witch, one of the Great Seven. I have no doubt he would treat your misgivings with all due gravity."

"Yeah!" Floyd exclaims. "Azul's a real problem-solver. For example..." He looks to the specific three. "He could set these sea anemones free if you asked him to."