Your parents don't approve of your relationship with her (part one?)

You sat in front of your parents in disbelief. They wanted to meet up with you for lunch, saying they had something they wanted to talk to you about.

You never imagined it would be them telling you they don't like Taylor and they don't approve of your relationship with her.

It was mind-blowing. You couldn't understand why they don't like her. She was pretty damn amazing and she's gone out of her way many times to be so kind to your parents and your whole family.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when you felt your mom place her hand over yours making you yank yours away from her.

"Oh, come on, sweetie. Don't be like this."

You scoffed, running your hands through your hair and tugging on it lightly. "I'm just in disbelief. You don't approve of my relationship with her? You do realize I'm an adult, right? I can make my own choices-"

"And we know that darling, we just don't think she's a good influence on you." Your dad cut you off, his words cut deep making you shake your head in shock.

Was this actually real?

Your parents were supposed to be supportive of you and they were supposed to want you to be happy.

"Taylor is incredible. Sure, she has a extraordinary life and job, but she's just like you and me. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me and she cares about me and loves me. A hell of a lot more than you two do."

Your parents looked at each other then back at you. They both sighed sadly and sat in silence for a moment before speaking again.

"Honey, we do love you. So much. We just don't really see you anymore, you're never really around us."

"Because I'm an adult and I have a job. Not to mention the fact that every time I see you, you tend to badmouth my girlfriend!"

They lowered their heads, not even able to look at you. You shook your head and stood up, grabbing your bag and your phone.

You placed some money down on the table to pay for your part of your lunch before taking one more look at them.

"I love you guys a lot. I wish you would be a little more understanding and supportive of me and Taylor. If you change your minds, call me. If you don't then I love you and I hope you guys stay happy."

Your parents both reached for your hands but you simply walked away, storming out to your car and heading home. You desperately needed cuddles from Taylor right now.