she leaves for tour

This was it. The dreadful day had arrived and every second of it was gut-wrenching. Taylor was leaving for tour today and you wouldn't see her for five months, the soonest you could pay her a visit on tour. You knew it was gonna be hard but you didn't think it was gonna be this hard.

You stood in the middle of the airport wrapped in Taylor's arms, the both of you crying but you were crying hard. You've never had to be apart from her for this long and it scared you. People were watching you, obviously recognizing the two of you, but you didn't mind one bit. You couldn't focus on anything but Taylor. You've tried to avoid the conversation of this day since she first scheduled the tour. You didn't think time would go by this quickly, but it was sneaky that way.

"Come on, sweet girl. It'll be okay." Taylor whispered in your ear. She could feel your body shake with every sob and it made her heart ache. This was the hard part of her job, the downside she hated so much. 

"I'm gonna miss you Tay. It hurts knowing that I'm not gonna be able to see you or hug you or kiss you for five whole months." 

She nodded her head, completely understanding the pain you were feeling, because she felt it too. 

"I know, darling. I'm sorry. I know it's hard and scary, but I'm not gonna stop loving you. I'm gonna miss you too but we can always FaceTime and Skype, whenever you want."

She pulled away from you, peeling off her sweater that she had worn over her shirt today. She put it over you and placed a kiss to your soft lips, soaking in every single second that she had with you. 

"There. Now you have my sweater. I sprayed it with my perfume as well as a couple other sweaters back at the house. I laid them down on my side of the bed before we left so if you wanna cuddle up to them at anytime, they're there. I know it's not the same but it's something, right?" 

A tear fell down your cheek and she quickly wiped it away.

You leaned in, your lips barely touching hers when you heard a voice over the loudspeaker announcing that Taylor's flight was now boarding. 

She kissed you, lovingly and passionately. Both of you realizing it was the last kiss you'd share for five months. She pressed a few kisses to your face too. On both of your cheeks, your forehead, your nose, under your eyes, and your lips once more. 

"I gotta go baby. But I love you and I'll see you soon, okay?" 

She kissed you one last time before kissing your hand and walking away. 

"I love you too Tay. Be safe." S

he smiled at you through her tears and you did the same. She waved to you and blew you a kiss before she walked down the hallway, the tears falling from your eyes all over again.

You walked out to the car and got inside, ready to drive home and cuddle up to Taylor's hoodies. Your phone chimed and you pulled it from your pocket. 

Five months to go. I'm counting down the days till I see you again. I love you so much. Now go home and get some sleep. We'll talk more soon baby, I promise.

 You grinned as you read the text over and over again. You were counting down the days too.