Your parents don't react well when you tell them you're dating (requested)

You sat in the parked car with Taylor in your parents driveway as you tried to stay calm. You're so anxious - today is the day that you're introducing Taylor to your parents who happen to be very religious and you fear what their reaction will be. You've been secretly dating Taylor for about seven months, no one knowing except her parents and brother. Taylor's parents are a lot more open-minded and they just want Taylor to be happy. As for your parents - not so much. 

"Hey. Y/n look at me." Taylor grabbed your chin and looked you in the eye. "Whatever happens we'll get through it, okay? It's me and you." You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, opening your eyes again when Taylor caressed your cheek. "Okay." You let go of her hand and both of you got out of the car before walking up the steps to the front door. You rang the doorbell and your dad answered the door, pulling you in for a short hug before looking at Taylor. He stuck his hand out for her to shake. "You must be my daughter's best friend, Taylor, right?." Taylor looked at you before looking back at your dad and shook your dads hand before he moved aside and you walked in.

Your mom was in the kitchen but she soon came out to give you a hug before she gave Taylor a hug. "Mom, Dad, I wanna tell you something important." They walked into the living room and you and Taylor followed behind them, taking a seat on the couch across from them. "What's up, honey?" You felt Taylor put her hand on your back and she rubbed it soothingly. You looked at her, taking a deep breath before looking back at your parents. "Mom, Dad, Taylor isn't just my best friend - she's my girlfriend. We've been dating for about seven months now and she makes me so happy." Your parents looked at each other before back at you and Taylor, both of them letting out nervous chuckles. "You're kidding right? Come on y/n, we raised you better than that." Taylor grabbed your hand when she heard that and she gave it a light squeeze. 

"No I'm serious. I love her." Your dad stood up and started to pace nervously. "I can't believe this. I'm so disappointed in you y/n, both of us are." You scoffed at your mother's harsh words. "Why? Because I'm dating a girl? Whatever happened to loving me no matter what?" Your mom stood up and your dad stared Taylor down angrily. "This is not okay with us. We have never been so disappointed in you! Do you realize how much of a disgrace this is? Get out of this house and don't come back unless you're no longer with her." Your dad said making your heart break. You let go of Taylor's hand and ran out of the house as Taylor scoffed at your parents and trailed behind you.

She saw you already sitting in the passenger seat of the car. She walked over to the drivers side and climbed in, starting the car but not moving. Instead she grabbed your face in her hands and the moment she saw the tears streaming down your face, her heart broke too. "Y/n-" "Please don't say anything. I just wanna go home." She sighed sadly but nodded her head nonetheless before she started to back out of the driveway. "I actually think we should go somewhere else before we go home." She reached over the gear-stick and grabbed your hand, lacing her fingers with yours. "Where?" She smirked at you and brought your hand up to her lips. "You'll see." 

You ended up crying yourself to sleep, waking up about forty minutes later to Taylor tapping your shoulder. "Baby wake up. We're here." You opened your eyes to find that you were at Taylor's parents house. You smiled at Taylor before racing out of the car and up the steps to their house. Andrea opened the door before you could even knock and immediately pulled you in for the most comforting hug you've ever experienced. Taylor walked up the steps and placed her hand on your back before walking inside, Andrea doing the same but walking inside with you still hugging her. 

Scott was waiting in the kitchen as soon as you entered it. You let go of Andrea and rushed over to him to give him a hug too. "Hey darling. You're gonna be alright. Taylor called us on the way over, told us everything that happened with your parents." You lifted your head from his shoulder and he let go of you as Andrea walked back over to you, Taylor following behind her. "Yeah, sweetheart. He's right. They'll come around eventually and if they don't - we love you and we'll always be here for you, no matter what, okay? You can come to us for anything at anytime." You smiled at them and looked at Taylor who was smiling at the scene in front of her. "Thank you guys so much. You have no idea how much that means to me. I love you both too." They both hugged you tightly before reaching out for Taylor who joined in on the hug as well. "You know what we should do? Go get some ice cream." You grinned at Taylor and she smiled from ear to ear at you. "I think that sounds like a wonderful idea."

Maybe your parents would come around and maybe they wouldn't, but you had Andrea and Scott who love and accept you just the way you are. You know whatever happens you'd be okay because you have Taylor and her family who will always be there for you no matter what happens.