she tucks a strand of hair behind your ear

You laid comfortably in Taylor's arms. The lights were all off but there were a few candles surrounding you so it provided enough light to be able to see each other's faces. It was quiet but Taylor's guitar was against the couch. She played a few songs for you after you ate the delicious meal she made for you today.

"I love you so much. You know that?" You lazily smiled at her. you felt oh so tired, but you didn't plan on going to sleep anytime soon. You felt way too content at this very moment with your girlfriend. "I know. I love you too."

you reached your hand up and put it on her shoulder. You traced small circles on her skin. "I don't know how I got so lucky to be with someone as amazing as you are. You're more than I deserve but I'm so in love with you and I just hope you never forget that." You brushed the tip of your nose against hers making her giggle.

She stared right into your eyes and grabbed the hair that had fallen from your messy ponytail. She twirled it around her finger for a moment before tucking it behind your ear. She leaned up a little so she could brush her lips against your earlobe.

"I swear I've never been so happy in my life." She said softly as you put your head on her shoulder. Your eyelashes tickled her skin but she didn't say anything. She ran her fingertips across your spine. "I can't wait to marry you someday." She added, watching your eyes flutter shut as she held in her arms.

It was your favorite place to be; wrapped up in her safe and warm embrace. "I can't wait either. I love you with all of my heart." You mumbled as you began to fall asleep.