you kiss her mid-sentence

Taylor slammed the door behind her when she stepped inside. You jumped and listened intently as she grumbled under her breath and kicked off her shoes.

"Tay? Are you okay?" You watched her shoulders drop when she looked at you. She sat down on the couch beside you. "No. I had a bad day at the studio today." She ran her hand through her messy hair, something you assumed she's already done a bunch by the looks of it.

You scooted closer to her and put your hand on her thigh comfortingly. "Talk to me." She sighed before she began to rant about everything that had gone wrong. "I couldn't seem to nail all of my notes today. I spilled my coffee all over my shirt. I can't seem to finish writing this one song; I thought I had it all figured out but now I can't seem to finish the last part of it. Nothing I try feels right."

She was growing more and more frustrated as she spoke. "I just don't know what to do-" You hooked your fingers under her chin and pressed your lips to hers. Taylor's eyes closed as you kiss her tenderly and moved your free hand to hold the back of her neck.

She pulled away breathlessly a few seconds later. She stared at you, gazing into your eyes and letting out an airy chuckle. "If that was your way of telling me to shut up please do it more often." You giggled and let her nuzzle her face in your neck. "I'm sorry you had a bad day but I know you'll figure it all out. Tomorrow is a brand new day and it'll be much better."

She lifted her head from your neck and brushed her nose against your cheek before she kissed your forehead lovingly. "I know. Thank you. Honestly, all I've wanted to do all day is just watch friends and hold you close." You smiled and put your head on her shoulder. "Well then, what are we waiting for?" You asked, turning on an episode of friends as Taylor dropped her cheek to rest on your head. "You make every bad day so much better" she whispered and kissed your head, finally feeling better.