meeting her parents (requested)

"You ready darling?" Taylor grabbed your hand and laced your fingers together. She could sense how nervous you were, despite how much she's promised that her parents are gonna love you.

"I don't know. Do I look okay?" Taylor kissed your cheek and smiled. "You look beautiful like you always do." You went to rattle off more questions when she squeezed your hand. "Hey. You've got nothing to be nervous about. They'll love you, I promise." You sighed nervously. "Are you sure?" Taylor captured your lips with hers, giving you a sweet kiss, her way of assuring you that it would all be okay. "Yeah. How could they not? Just trust me, okay?"

You nodded your head and got out of the car. You walked up the front steps with her and before she could even turn the knob the door opened and she was pulled in for a hug by her mom. "We're so happy you're here!" Taylor's dad said, joining in on the hug before they pulled away and looked at you.

"Mom, Dad, this is y/n. My girlfriend." You cleared your throat, still slightly nervous. "She's kinda nervous." Taylor rubbed your back and smiled as Andrea and Scott embraced you in a welcoming and comforting hug. "It's so nice to meet you y/n. We've heard so much about you! There's no need to be nervous. Come on in!"

Taylor grabbed your hand and led you inside. "See? They already love you." She promised and helped you take off your hoodie. "Have I told you how beautiful you look today?" She ran her hand across your soft, fuzzy sweater and grinned at you before pulling you in for a soft kiss. Her hand held your chin delicately, her thumb brushing across your face. "Come on. I smell food." You laughed when she pulled away and led you to the kitchen where dinner was just being set up.

The dinner was amazing and you ended up eating every bite of it. "Are you sure you don't need help?" You asked Andrea, watching as she put the plates in the sink. Taylor and her dad were standing in the other part of the kitchen, talking and watching you both. Andrea shook her head and turned the faucet off once the sink was filled with soap. "No, honey, I'm good."

She looked back at Taylor and caught her staring at you and it made her smile. "I've never seen her so happy before." You smiled and looked down at your feet. "Y/n I'm serious. You know she's been through a lot but she's so happy now, because of you. She tells me how in love with you she is and how wonderful you are. How much you do for her and how much you genuinely love her" Andrea paused and took a good look at you, grinning with tears in her eyes. "You're part of the family now. And something tells me that you always will be." She finished by pulling you in for a long hug.

Scott and Taylor looked at you from across the room. "You really love her, huh?" Taylor nodded her head. "Yeah, I can tell. You have that look in your eyes. I'm happy you've found someone so amazing." Taylor continued to stare at you, her heart melting at the sight of you and her mom hugging. "Me too." Scott put his hand on Taylor's back making her turn her attention to him. "She's a great girl. We love her already. Though I must admit, I feel like I've known her for a long while since you talk about her so much. Feels like I've known her for years." Taylor giggled and blushed a little. "But don't be fooled, Taylor. You might be my daughter but if you do anything to hurt that wonderful girl, even if it's just a hair on her head, I will hurt you. I'm serious."

Taylor laughed so hard that her stomach hurt. "Wow, thanks, dad." They both laughed as he pulled her in his arms. "I'm just so happy for you. You've finally found the one. I can see it in your eyes, just how much you truly love her and how much she means to you." Taylor turned her attention back to you, smiling as she realized then that really has found the one.