blame it on the mistletoe

The fight you had with Taylor kept replaying over and over again in your mind. You stormed out of the house in the middle of it; the words cutting deep and you didn't wanna make things worse so leaving for a bit felt like a good idea.

Christmas was just a few days away and you know Taylor is stressed considering she's been working relentlessly in the studio despite the fact that it was the holiday season. You haven't decorated the house at all. It seemed as though Taylor was too busy and that ultimately led up to the fight you had.

You took a deep breath before walking back inside the house. You expected to find it a bit of a mess like it was before, but instead it was beautifully decorated with Christmas decorations.

There were Christmas lights tangled among the staircase and you could hear Taylor humming in the living room as she stood in front of the tree with ornaments in her hands. You cleared your throat and she jumped, staring at you for a second before she put the ornament down and walked over to you with her hand behind her back. "Taylor? What is all this?" She chuckled and stood in front of you, biting at her lip and looking around the room. "Is it too much? If it then you can redo it-" you put your index finger over her lips making her giggle. "It's not too much. It looks gorgeous. But how did you get this all done so quickly? And why now? Christmas is like a week away."

Taylor grabbed your hand in her left one, her right one still behind her back. "As soon as you stormed out I thought about our fight. You're right. I've been putting everything over you lately and I'm sorry. I'm not leaving your side until after the holidays now." You grinned at her, giving her hand a little squeeze. "I just want to make you happy." "You always make me happy, Tay. This is so gorgeous, it all looks incredible."

You turned around to look at all the lights that decorated the room, giggling when mistletoe dangled over your eyes. "Hmm, where did that come from?" You laughed and gave Taylor a small kiss before leaning forward and resting your head on her shoulder. "Can't wait to spend the rest of this holiday season with you." You lifted your head up and smiled at her, pressing a kiss to her cheek before running over to the Christmas tree. "Me neither. Can I help with the tree?" Taylor chuckled and walked over to you, grabbing a handful of ornaments and carefully putting them in your hands. "I wouldn't want it any other way."