"i'm keeping him" (requested)

A bark was what woke Taylor up. She felt the sheets next to her were empty and cold. Realizing then that you weren't next to her and the sound of barking once again, made her jump out of bed and run downstairs.

She saw a chihuahua on the kitchen floor when she reached the bottom step. It looked old and she wasn't sure where it came from, but she was worried about her cats. They've never been around any dogs so she was scared they might get hurt.

She was about to yell for you when you came back in the kitchen with a dog bed and a bowl of water for the dog. "Y/n? What's going on? Why is there a dog in our house?" You smiled at her at first but then you saw a look of panic and slight anger in her eyes, and your smile vanished.

"I don't know where that dog came from but it needs to go. What if it tries to hurt the cats?!" You bit your lip to hold back your tears but it was all too much. You found out a few nights ago that your uncle had passed away, and at first Taylor thought that's why you were so upset.

She walked up to you and pulled you in for a warm hug. "I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to snap at you. I forgot about your uncle." You sniffled and pulled away from her. "The dog is mine. I mean, was my uncle's, but he gave it to me. He knows how much I love and care about him. I've always loved him. I'm not getting rid of him, Tay, I promised my uncle i'd take good care of him and i'm keeping him."

Taylor sighed as you stormed off to the other part of the kitchen. Your back was turned and your face was buried in your hands. Taylor knows how upsetting losing your uncle has been on you and it broke her heart to see you so upset. She was still a little apprehensive because of the cats, but if it belonged to your uncle and he gave it to you because he knew you love him that much, she wasn't gonna force you to give it away.

She snuck up behind you and wrapped her arms around your stomach while she moved her head to your shoulder, letting her lips ghost along the skin of your neck. "I'm sorry, darling. I didn't know. I know losing your uncle hasn't been easy for you. I'm sorry."

You turned around and looped your arms around her neck, letting her hold you close as you cried. Your heart ached with the loss of your uncle. He was always a big role model for you and he always supported you, in every good time and every bad time. "I'm keeping the dog."

Taylor nodded and kissed your head. "That's alright baby, we'll make everything work. We can adjust whatever we have to. Just no more crying for now, okay? Lemme make you some breakfast and then we can take him for a walk." You smiled as Taylor walked over to the dog and picked him up, kissing his soft fur and petting him as he barked happily.