you have the same birthday (requested)

You woke up to the smell of pancakes and warm sheets. The sun hit your face as you opened your eyes. Looking over at the clock you saw it was a little after ten am. It's officially your birthday, and Taylor's too.

You never imagined that you'd share the same birthday with your soulmate. But it was something you both loved.

You pushed the covers back when you heard Taylor's voice from the doorway. "Oh, you're up." She smiled and strode to you. She sat down on the bed next to you and put the plate on your lap. You saw the plate of pancakes with a candle sticking in the middle of them.

"Happy birthday darling." You laughed and moved a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Thank you, but it's not just my birthday. It's yours too. So you have to make a wish and eat these with me." Taylor gave you a kiss and lit the candle. You both blew it out at the same time before Taylor grabbed a small piece of the pancake and put it in your mouth, causing you to giggle.

"Oh! I've got something for you." She put the now empty plate on the nightstand and went over to her dresser. She pulled out a box and walked back to you. "Taylor we agreed on no gifts." She shook her head. "No. You said no gifts but I have to get you something. Just open it." You took the box from her and opened it, finding a necklace with her initials in it. It was in the shape of a heart and it looked so beautiful.

"Taylor... this is gorgeous. Thank you." She leaned in to kiss you but you put your hand on her chest and bit your lip. "I have a confession. I might've fibbed a little." You reached in the drawer by your bed and pulled out a little box. Taylor opened it to find a ring with your first initial on it.

"I guess we kinda had the same idea." She giggled, hooking her fingers under your chin and placing a gentle kiss to your lips. "Thank you. I love it and I'm gonna wear it every day." She slid it on her middle finger on her left hand, the thought occurring to her that one day she'd like to see something like that on your ring finger of your left hand.

But she brushed that thought off for the time being and took the necklace out of the box. She moved your hair to the other side of your neck and clasped the necklace on your neck before planting a chaste kiss to your soft skin. "It's beautiful." You whispered, your voice barely audible but she still heard it. "You're beautiful."

And with that, her lips were right back on yours. She pulled back a few seconds later and laid back on the bed, pulling you down against her. "You wanna know something?" You turned your neck and hummed. "I love that we share a birthday. I mean, I know I'm a couple of years older than you, but I love that have that in common. It makes me happy to celebrate such an important day with such an important person to me."

You leaned your head back on her shoulder. "It's like it's meant to be." You said and Taylor nodded against your shoulder. "That's because it is. Happy birthday beautiful girl." She kissed your cheek and wrapped her arms around your stomach, her fingers gently brushing against your soft skin. "Happy birthday baby."