When i was your man - part two (requested)

You laid in bed trying to fall asleep when your phone chimed. You picked it up and saw that it was from Taylor. Despite having broken up months ago, you couldn't bring yourself to delete her number.

The text she sent you brought tears to your eyes. You read it over and over again before your vision was so blurred with tears you couldn't read it anymore. You put it back on your bedside table and started to cry.

Truth be told, the girl you're with is ultimately a rebound. You know it's not right and you've been in a state of denial about it. You swore you'd never be one of those people but walking away from Taylor was so much easier said than done. Your heart ached for her and you cried yourself to sleep most nights.

You went out and found someone else, hoping you could take the pain away. Her name is Sarah, and you tried so hard to rid yourself of the memories you once shared with Taylor by being with Sarah. But it was no use. Your heart, your body, and your soul craved Taylor. You've never stopped thinking about her. You dream about her every single night. You listen to her songs just so you can hear her voice. Because you fear you'd never be able to hear her voice in person again.

You didn't get much sleep that night. And when you woke up the next morning the first thing you did was call Sarah. You told her the truth and though it was hard, she understood and she didn't hold any resentment against you.

You slid on your shoes and went to Taylor's house. It was once the home you shared together and it didn't look or feel any different to you when you stood in front of it. You took a deep breath and a good look around before knocking on the front door. "Who is it?" You didn't say anything, mostly because you didn't know what to say.

The door opened a few seconds later. "What is i-?" She froze when she saw you. "Y/n?" You nodded your head and Taylor opened the door, letting you step inside before she closed it behind you. "Are you okay?" She asked and you just nodded your head. "Yeah. Why?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I just didn't know why else you'd be here unless something was wrong. Considering... the way things ended."

You sighed and sat down on the couch. Taylor sat down a little away from you, afraid that if she sat too close it might freak you out. She heard you clear your throat and take a deep breath before you looked at her. "I wanted to talk to you. But now I don't know how to say it."

Taylor wanted to grab your hand and squeeze it encouragingly. It took everything in her to resist doing that. "I know that we broke up but you can still talk to me. That'll never change." You felt the tears well up in your eyes.  "I messed up." You were looking to Taylor for comfort. She held her arms out for you and you didn't hesitate to crawl into them. "How did you mess up? Tell me. I'll fix it." You sniffled. "I should've never left. I should've listened to you instead of telling you what I wanted."

Taylor felt like her heart was doing flips. She didn't know what this meant but she was hoping for one thing. "No. You had every right to tell me all the things that you wanted from me. the things you wanted us to do. I should've listened and paid more attention to you." You kept crying and she kept holding you. "I'm sorry. I miss you so much, Tay."

She felt tears in her eyes at your words. "I miss you too." Missed you? That felt like an understatement. "I feel like I haven't been myself without you. Every night I think of all the chances I had to do all those things your girlfriend does for you now." You shook your head. "She's not my girlfriend." Taylor's breath hitched. "She's my ex now. I broke up with her."

Taylor sighed and rubbed your back. "Why?" "Because... she was a rebound, I guess. I don't know. All I know is that I miss you and I'd do anything to be back in your arms like this forever." Taylor chuckled and nodded her head. "Then why can't you be?"

You turned around in her arms, looking in her eyes with your absolutely beautiful ones that Taylor has missed so much. "Really?" Taylor nodded her head. "Yeah. I miss you like crazy. Nothing would make me happier. Then I can do all those things I should've done the first time around. I love you so much." She tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. You smiled and buried your face in her neck, grinning from ear to ear. "I love you too, Taylor. I wanna be yours again."

Taylor smiled and kissed your head. "Then it's official?" You nodded your head. Taylor couldn't stop smiling. She felt so thankful to be able to hold you in her arms again. She was never gonna mess this up ever again.