you're a lot younger than her and you meet her parents (requested)

You whined as your stomach started to turn again from your nerves. You're meeting Taylor's parents today and you're extremely nervous about it. They're aware of the age gap between you and Taylor and from what Taylor has told you, it seems like they're okay with it - but you're still nervous.

Your parents were shocked when they first found out about your relationship with Taylor, as you expected considering the ten year age difference between you two, and though they eventually came around you thought Taylor's parents would feel the same way.

Taylor grabbed your hand and brought it up to her lips, planting a few soft kisses to your knuckles as you took a few deep breaths. "There's no need to be nervous y/n. They already know about you and they already love you." You turned your head and felt Taylor's lips on yours right away. It calmed your nerves a little. "You ready, beautiful girl?" You nodded your head and got out of the car, walking up the steps to the front door hand in hand with Taylor.

The door opened and both Andrea and Scott pulled Taylor in for a hug instantly. Taylor laughed and hugged them back for a minute before pulling away and wrapping her arm around your shoulder. "Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend y/n." You smiled nervously, your shaky hands reaching out to shake theirs but they just chuckled and pulled you in for a hug. "No need to be nervous, honey! Taylor's told us all about you." Taylor led you through the house and into the kitchen where Andrea was finishing cooking dinner. Taylor and her mom made small talk while you stood back a little, trying to slow your racing heart.

About an hour went by and you were only picking at your food. Scott and Andrea were exchanging looks of worry, wondering if you had some type of food allergy that Taylor forgot to tell them about or if you didn't like the food, because you weren't eating any of it. "Y/n? Sweetie are you alright?" Taylor lifted her head and looked over at you, reaching one hand under the table to lace her fingers with yours. "Yeah i'm okay. i'm just-" "She's nervous." Taylor interrupted.

"She's worried that you guys don't approve of our relationship, just because of our age difference." Andrea got up from her chair and sat on the floor in front of you. The tears formed in your eyes as your nerves returned. "Y/n, sweetheart, Taylor's told us all about you. We knew about the age difference between you two from the day she first talked about you to us. She was nervous that we wouldn't approve of you dating, too. But honey, all we care about is her being happy and from what she's told us, it's clear that she's the happiest she has ever been, thanks to you. So what if you're ten years younger than her? It's very clear that she loves you very much, and we love you too, because you make her happy."

You sniffled and smiled through your tears. you looked over at Scott who was grinning at you then at Taylor who was smiling just as big. "Thank you. Seriously, you have no idea how much that means to me." Andrea gave you a hug and this time you didn't hesitate to hug her back. She walked back to her chair and Scott started to steal food from her plate making both of them laugh and turned their attention to each other and away from you.

Taylor moved her chair as close as she could to yours. "Hi" She grinned and you laughed. "Hi." "You feeling better now?" She asked sweetly as she ran her thumb across your knuckles. "Yeah I am. Thanks." Taylor hooker her hand under your chin, not caring that her parents were in the room as she pulled you in for a sweet kiss. You pulled away, smiling and biting your lip as her parents cooed at the sight making you blush. Taylor laughed and kissed your forehead. "Welcome to the family y/n." Scott said and you were grinning from ear to ear. "Thank you!"

In the end, you didn't even remember why you were so nervous in the first place. Things couldn't have gone better.