winter power outage

"It's really coming down out there babe" Taylor muttered as she stared out the window at the snow falling on the ground. The temperature was supposed to be going down in the single digits tonight and the snow was supposed to continue for a couple days.

You sat down on the couch in Taylor's sweater with two mugs of hot chocolate in your hands and a blanket on your lap. Taylor thanked you as she took a couple sips then set her cup on the table. You did the same with yours and as soon as it was on the table Taylor was pulling you to her chest. She grabbed the blanket and made sure it was pulled up to your shoulders, dropping a couple kisses to your forehead before turning her attention back to the snow.

You went to grab your phone from the table when the lights when off. "You can't be serious. Now the power goes out? In this weather?" Taylor mumbled and got up from the couch. She didn't waste a moment; she immediately went over to the fireplace and threw some logs in it.

She grabbed your hand and had you sit in between her legs on the floor in front of the fire. She made sure to grab your blanket but this time made sure you were both covered with it. "Warm enough beautiful girl?" You smiled and rolled your head back to rest it on her shoulder. She ran her fingers through your hair and stared into your eyes. "Yeah. Thanks Tay."

She brushed her nose against your cheek before brushing it against the tip of yours. You both giggled as she pulled you in for a kiss, her lips warm and soft against yours as she kissed you lovingly. "You sure you're warm enough?" She checked again, needing to know that you were safe and warm. "Yeah." You assured her, reaching for her hand underneath the blanket and intertwining your fingers together.

"You'll tell me if you get cold?" You chuckled but nodded your head, giving her one more kiss before putting your head back on her shoulder. The hand that wasn't intertwined with yours traveled to your hip and Taylor's fingers lightly brushed along the exposed skin where her sweater that you had on was riding up a little.

"Wait... couldn't you have just turned on the heat generator?" Taylor blushed a bit, her blue eyes catching yours as a smirk tugged on her lips. "Yeah, but I think this is much more romantic." She said as she kissed your cheek and let go of your hand so she could wrap her arms around you. She was prepared to cuddle you like this until the power came back on, no matter how long that took.