breathe (requested)

It was a hard pill to swallow. You thought things were fine; for so long everything seemed to be alright. The situation with Scott and Scooter was still intense and still ongoing, but you held out hope that maybe, in time, they'd come to their senses and make things right.

Taylor left for the studio this morning but when she came home not even two hours after leaving you knew something had to be really wrong.

She ran over to you right away. You could feel her body shaking as she sobbed and her tears hit your skin. You instantly dropped everything you were doing in that moment. You thought maybe she was frustrated with writers block or she might not be feeling well, but as soon as she said their names you knew the reason she was upset was because of them, and it was bad.

You walked her to the couch and sat next to her but Taylor didn't wanna be apart from you at all and she climbed on your lap. "What happened Tay?" She was sobbing so hard you thought she was gonna make herself sick. "I can't perform like I planned. At the ama's. They said I can't do that."

You wrapped your arm around her and tried to calm her down the best you could. But she was falling apart and you didn't know how to stop it. "I don't know what to do y/n. What do I do?"

Your heart sank. You didn't know what to say. It was the most heartbreaking thing; seeing her so upset and pleading with you for help on where to go from here, and you didn't have the answer. It broke you. "I don't know baby." She cried harder when you said that. You felt completely helpless.

Taylor was crying so hard at this point you could hear that she was struggling to breathe. She was panicking, everything becoming too overwhelming and too much for her to handle. "Tay, you need to breathe." You caressed her cheek and watched as her eyes closed. She leaned her cheek on your hand, her breathing slowing down and slowly returning back to normal as she focused on the comfort you were giving her.

"Look at me." You mumbled, running your thumb across her cheek and you gave her a small smile when she opened her eyes. "You are the strongest person I know. I know you're hurting but i'm here with you every step of the way. I know you can overcome this. You can win this."

She sniffled while you wiped the tears from her eyes. "How?" You grabbed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "You stand up for yourself. If you don't know what else to do then you do what you do best: you speak out." You saw a glimmer of hope in her eyes. "Taylor - you have millions and millions of people who love you so much. You've been the most incredible role model for them and you've taught them to speak out when they see something that's not right or when they need help. Now it's time for you to do the same."

She sighed but you saw a hint of a smile tugging at her lips. "You've got this, Tay. You shouldn't have to be fighting for this in the first place, but you're strong and you will get through this and come out on the other side, like you always do."

Taylor captured your lips with hers and you felt her smile against your lips. "Thank you for always standing by me and for always believing in me." You squeezed her hand and kissed her cheek. "Anytime. I love you so much and I'll be by your side every step of the way, no matter what happens."