haven't felt something like this in a long time

You were worried. Taylor was sitting on her bed next to you with her hands in her lap not saying a single word. She's been silent for a few minutes now and it was clear that she had something on her mind and it made you nervous.

You just finished a nice dinner she made for you. She wanted to go upstairs to talk to you in an atmosphere that she was most recognizable to calm her own nerves. "Taylor? What's going on? You're worrying me." She lifted her head to look at you, her big blue eyes looking into yours, the ones that always made you weak in the knees. "I wanna say something, but I don't know how."

You reached out to grab her hands and you intertwined her fingers with yours. "You can tell me anything, Tay. It's okay, babe, just talk to me." She exhaled deeply, looking from her lap to your eyes, trying to ignore the worried thoughts rushing through her mind and the fast pace of her heart. The words felt caught in her throat until she managed to finally get them out.

"I love you."

It was the first time she's said this to you. You've been together for a few months now but neither of you have taken this major step in your relationship, though you've been wanting to say it for a long time. "You what?" You tried to hide your grin and your fast beating heart, just to hear her say it again. "I love you." You chuckled and Taylor placed both her hands on your cheeks. "I love you so much y/n. I know we haven't said anything like this to each other yet but I love you and I can't keep it to myself anymore."

You pressed your lips to hers and muttered the words back to her making Taylor sigh, the words coming off of your lips making her heart beat faster than ever before. "I used to be afraid i'd never find something like this, someone like you. I've been feeling this for so long but I didn't wanna say anything to make you feel uncomfortable, like this was moving too quickly. But I haven't felt something like this in a long time. You make me so happy y/n and I love you."

You brushed your nose against hers and giggled. Your heart was pounding and racing and Taylor could feel it against her own. "I love you too Taylor, I love you so much. I'm so lucky to have you in my life."

Taylor laid down against the bed and pulled you down next to her in her arms. She held you in her arms as you both fell asleep together, both your hearts beating in sync for each other.