I'll always catch you when you fall

Taylor finished putting up the tree while you stood back with the box of decorations and lights by your feet.

Taylor looked over at you to find you smiling at her. She wrapped her arms around you and pulled you in for a sweet kiss to your cheek. "You're so cute when you're this excited."

Her hands rested on your back to try to hold you still. You've been so excited to put up the tree and you practically begged Taylor to bring it in so you could decorate it today. Despite her long day at the studio and how all she really wanted to do was lay in bed and go to sleep, to see you excited and happy was worth staying up the extra couple hours to help you decorate everything.

"I can't help it! This is our first Christmas in our first home, and I'm really excited about that." Taylor smiled at you and her arms around your neck to plant a soft kiss to your lips. This is your first Christmas together, in your first home that you shared. Not like last year, when you moved into her house just shortly after thanksgiving and you spend Christmas together there.

This was your house. You could decorate it with as many trees and decorations as you pleased, and part of Taylor thought that you might actually try to convince her of that.

You reached into the box and grabbed the lights. "You need help baby?" You shook your head and climbed up on the chair so you could reach the top of the tree. Taylor grabbed the box and went to stand behind you, just in case. She'd much rather be safe than sorry.

She watched closely as you wrapped the lights around, but you seemed to be struggling to get it on one particular part of the tree. "Here, darling, I've got it." You handed her the lights and she put them on the tree carefully before going back over to you to find that you had already grabbed the box of ornaments. She saw you had a thing of tinsel in your hands and you were struggling to get it on that same part. "No, Tay. I got it!" You were pretty confident in getting it on there and Taylor didn't wanna take that away from you.

But you lost your footing and nearly fell on the ground, if it weren't for Taylor rushing over to you and catching you in her arms. She caught you by your waist and Taylor panicked, thinking maybe you had gotten hurt somehow, until you started to giggle.

"Sorry." You laughed, looping your arms around her neck and giving her a few kisses to her cheeks. "You okay, beautiful girl?" You nodded your head and tightened your grip just slightly before letting your lips drag over to her nose then down to her lips. "Thank you for catching me."

Taylor smiled against your lips and leaned her forehead on yours. "I'll always be here to catch you when you fall. I love you so much." She kissed you again, smiling as you pulled away and reached into the box of ornaments while still wrapped up in her arms, deciding it was best to decorate the tree that way, and Taylor was happy with that.