ruined proposal - part two

Taylor opened her eyes and groaned at the sunlight that was seeping through the curtains.She remembered the incident from last night and she grimaced at the memory. She looked at you sleeping next to her and she figured now would be a good time to go get the you a new ring.

So she got out of bed careful not to wake you up and got ready to go. She planted a kiss to the top of your head before going downstairs and driving back to the jewelry store. She felt a little nervous going back in, hoping that if anyone who helped her last time wouldn't be there this time so she wouldn't have to explain why she lost an expensive engagement ring, but as her luck would have it the exact woman who helped her last time was here this time too.

"Taylor? Didn't I just see you a few days ago?" Taylor blushed but nodded, her teeth clamped down on her lip to hide the red tint to her cheeks. "Something happened and I need to get my girlfriend, well fiancee, a new ring." The woman looked slightly intrigued by what had happened. "I dropped it in the water." The woman only gasped and walked Taylor over to the same ring section she had looked at before where she had found a few that she thought you'd love, until she ultimately decided on the one she had dropped in the water. Taylor was happy to see that one of the rings that had caught her eye last time is still there now. "That one." Taylor whispered and the woman unlocked the case before carefully pulling out the ring and holding it out for Taylor to get a better view.

"Yeah, that's the one." Taylor smiled, putting her hand over her chest in attempt to slow her racing her heart. Taylor paid for the ring and before she walked out of the store the woman yelled one last thing to her. "Don't drop that one in the water now, Taylor." Taylor laughed and walked back out to the car. She opened the box and looked at the ring once more. "This is it." She whispered to herself and closed the box.

She saw you in the kitchen drinking some coffee when she got home. She walked up behind you and put her arm around your waist. "HI Tay." Taylor kissed your cheek and took the coffee cup from your hand. She set it down on the counter before guiding you to the couch. She pulled the box from her pocket and held it out in front of you. "Tay..." "Told you I was gonna get you a new one." You opened the box and a tear fell from your eye when you saw the ring. "It's so beautiful, Tay." Taylor grinned and took the box from your hand, pulling the ring out of it and holding it out in front of you. "I know you already said yes but I just wanna make sure that you're still sure."

You laughed and took Taylor's free hand in yours. "I'm still sure." Taylor slid the ring on your finger and held you close to her, her hand rubbing up and down your back as she kissed your head and started humming 'lover' in your ear.