Late nights

It was almost one am and neither you nor Taylor are tired.

Your head was on her lap and your hands were intertwined with hers, her fingers playing with yours along with the promise ring that she got you recently, sliding it around your finger and admiring how it looked on you.

"Taylor?" She hummed, looking down at you with her beautiful blue eyes that always made your heart skip a beat. "Do you ever think about the future?" Taylor smiled and released one of your hands so she could trail hers up to your forehead and stroke it softly with her thumb. "Yeah, I do. A lot."

"What scares you the most about it?" Taylor chuckled and kissed your forehead. "Some serious questions tonight hm?" You shrugged your shoulders and Taylor just smiled at you. "You not being in it." Her words were soft and quiet, as if she was afraid of you hearing them. You sat up and moved your head to her chest. "Are you kidding, Tay? I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm just waiting on you." Taylor giggled and started trailing her fingertips along the curve of your back.

"That's all I see. You, me, and our family. A big one. I want kids, and more cats too, maybe." You giggled and kissed her chin, rubbing your thumb across her hand that was still intertwined with yours. "I wasn't sure if i'd ever want that, until I met you. Now it's all I want. I love the life we have now and I hope to always make music for as long as I live, but I hope to have those things with you too. You make me the happiest person on earth and I just want to make you as happy as you make me."

Your eyes were filled with tears, one falling down your cheek even though you tried to hold them back. Taylor swiped her thumb under your eye to catch it before she pressed a soft kiss to your cheek. "One day, soon, i'm gonna marry you. I promise that i'll make all these things happen for us." She whispered as she rested her head on yours, your eyes slipping shut as she held you close. "I can't wait."