she tells her dad that she's gonna propose to you (requested)

Taylor was happy to be able to spend the day with her dad. With her busy schedule lately it hasn't left her much time to spend with her family and she has something extremely important to tell him, an absolutely life-altering thing that she couldn't wait to tell.

They just finished seeing a movie together and Taylor felt her nerves growing again as they got back in the car. Her hand was in the pocket of her jacket and she felt the velvet against her fingertips. "Dad? There's something important that I wanna talk to you about." Scott nodded his head and shifted his full attention to Taylor.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and, well, you know how much I love y/n." Scott smiled and patted Taylor's shoulder. "Of course I do. I've never seen you so happy or so in love before." Taylor took a deep breath and looked at her dad. "And you, mom, and Austin love her too." Scott nodded and Taylor bit her lip before pulling the black velvet box from her pocket.

"Oh Taylor." They stared at each other for a few seconds before Taylor spoke up again. "I bought this for her a few days ago." She opened the box and Scott couldn't hold back his tears. "I always knew this day would come." Taylor let out a watery chuckle and tried to fight back her own tears.

"I'm gonna propose to her tonight." Scott pulled Taylor in for a hug, smiling through his tears. "She'll say yes. I know she will." Taylor giggled and pulled back from the hug as they both looked at the ring. "I know so too." She said as she stared at the ring for a few more seconds before closing the box and putting it back in her pocket, until tonight, when she'd finally ask you to marry her.