you keep me warm

A walk through the city with your girlfriend sounded like the best way to spend the night.

The Christmas lights across the city completely captivated you and Taylor would take every opportunity to sneakily take pictures of you admiring them, as she admired you.

You just finished up grabbing something warm to drink at a small little cafe and now you're walking home together hand in hand. It wasn't that cold when you first went out tonight, but now it's getting there and you're trying your hardest not to tell Taylor that you're absolutely freezing.

But Taylor knows you like the back of her hand. She saw you shiver a little, and she fought back a little smirk because she was right again; she had warned you to wear a jacket, just in case. You said no, because you truly didn't think you'd get cold, but now you're eating your words.

Taylor didn't care about being right, though. Seeing you shiver and the way you tried to hide it from her so she wouldn't worry was too much for her heart to handle. She took off her jacket and held it out for you. "No, Taylor, it's okay." Taylor stopped walking and gave you a worried look. "No it's not. You're freezing, beautiful girl. Just take it."

Taylor didn't give you a chance to say no. She helped you put it on and made sure it was buttoned up and secured over you before giving you a warm kiss on your lips. She took your hand back in yours and continued walking with you.

A few minutes later though, Taylor started to shiver. You looked at her with sad eyes, feeling guilty that she had given you her jacket and now she's the one that's cold. You went to unbutton it only for Taylor to grab your hands and hold them in hers. "Don't. I'll be okay, darling."

As she said that, she shivered. Her fingers were cold and her lips were starting to chap. "I have a solution to keep us both warm." You said cheekily and Taylor giggled, kissing your cold cheek and looking at you curiously. "Oh yeah. What's that?"

You stood in front of her and reached for her hands. Her arms wrapped around you as she pulled you close. She buried her face in your neck and relaxed at the feeling of your body heat covering her. "You're warm" she muttered as she pressed kisses to your neck which made you squirm. "Your lips are kinda cold..." Taylor laughed, both of your cheeks red from the cold air. "I know how to warm them up." You winked. "You're cheeky tonight." Taylor giggled, sighing as your warm lips hit hers.

It took everything in her to pull away from you. She smiled down at you, kissing your cold nose and making sure you were secure and safe in her grip as she began walking home with you in her arms, ready to get home and cuddle with you in front of the fireplace.